Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dl: Phx-nrt rt $1995

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Dl: Phx-nrt rt $1995

Hi - first time posting but I just bumped into this fare on google flight - appears to book into Z and available throughout summer.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by TPACer
Hi - first time posting but I just bumped into this fare on google flight - appears to book into Z and available throughout summer.
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Nice find!!!
Old May 24, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
Has anyone been able to get this booked? DL.com seems to choke when you pick the return and timeout. I see the fare either thru SEA or LAX. It's excellent!
Old May 24, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by jacksafar
Has anyone been able to get this booked? DL.com seems to choke when you pick the return and timeout. I see the fare either thru SEA or LAX. It's excellent!
Booked for me on Delta.com for a weekend in August thru Seattle.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL DM, AS Gold MVP
Worked for me.

8/10
DL 4582 PHX-SEA CR7
DL 167 SEA-NRT 744

8/14
DL 166 NRT-SEA 744
DL 4612 SEA-PHX CR7

Also looks like you can also fly into Haneda for the same price as well.

Last edited by DashFlyer400; May 25, 2016 at 2:05 am Reason: Added city (HND)
Old May 25, 2016, 5:08 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Welcome to FT, OP! And might I add, incredible find!!
Old May 25, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
I can search on ITA, shift to Google and then on into Delta. Looks like it would be bookable. Amazing.

I tried some other US origins and Asian destinations with no success (except HND as noted by DashFlyer400).

Romelle
Old May 26, 2016, 2:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is this a coach fare that books into D1 by accident?
Old May 26, 2016, 3:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL DM, AS Gold MVP
Not sure.

In the fare, the only thing I see missing is the fuel surcharge. But it books into Z on the International segments and P on Domestic segments.

Detailed Charges:
Per passenger summary of air charges excluding taxes and fees

Air Transportation Charges

Base Fare: $1,894.00 USD

Taxes, Fees and Charges

Per passenger summary of air travel taxes, fees, and related charges. Per passenger total travel charges provided at end of table

United States - September 11th Security Fee(Passenger Civil Aviation Security Service Fee) (AY) $5.60 USD
Japan - Passenger Security Service Charge (OI) $4.70 USD
Japan - Passenger Service Facilities Charge (SW) $9.60 USD
United States - Transportation Tax (US) $35.60 USD
United States - Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service Fee (APHIS User Fee - Passengers (XA) $3.96 USD
United States - Passenger Facility Charge (XF) $18.00 USD
United States - Immigration and Naturalization Fee(Immigration User Fee) (XY) $7.00 USD
United States - Custom User Fee (YC) $5.50 USD
Old May 26, 2016, 6:24 am

Programs: WP
PHX-KIX r/t is about $200usd more, about $2148
Old May 26, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've been playing around with this one and here's what I found:

From what I could see of the fare rules, it must be ticketed by May 31 and is good for flights May 6 - August 31 (outbound???). I couldn't get this to work, but the fare supposedly allows two stopovers at international gateways for $100 each. There is no minimum stay but there is a maximum stay, IIRC 6 months. Fare code is ZKEOZPD5. When I did dummy bookings on delta.dumb, it seems to be showing domestic connecting flights as G A P, but they all seem to ticket as P class.

As mentioned above, it's good for HND or NRT. Outbound was offering me LAX, PDX, or SEA international gateways, but surprisingly the NRT-MSP 777 nonstop is offered on the return with a RT fare for PHX-LAX-NRT//NRT-MSP-PHX of about $2500.

I didn't try to ticket this, but I found MSP-NRT RTs (not with the nonstop) at $3818, which is excellent for this route. The domestic connections I saw used fare classes URVNAOMX and LEUNAOFW respectively, but when I looked at the fare rules these are apparently FC fares. TPAC segments used the ZNX77PD6 fare. Delta.dumb seemed to be willing to issue this as one ticket, but I stopped before a ticket was issued. This one was only for Monday through Thursday travel and had a seven day stay requirement.

I was looking at random dates in August, staying slightly less than seven days. Amazingly, there was availability for every date I looked at.

The good news is that I was able to have a ticket issued for the PHX Z/P fare of around $2000 (this depends a bit on the exact routing, as expected). I have a receipt with every seat assignment in FC or D1. [If you don't mind double connections, you can play around with the routing for more MQMs, but you can easily get 18,000-20,000 MQMs at 150%.]

Note that hotel rates in the Phoenix area should be low for much of the summer. High season around PHX is when it's cooler there and very cold in much of the USA.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; May 26, 2016 at 7:51 am
Old May 26, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Haven't tried booking, but it looks like PVG is also available via NRT
Old May 26, 2016, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by r7sparks
Haven't tried booking, but it looks like PVG is also available via NRT
If you could get PVG with NRT in only one direction, this would work for TWOV for anyone brave enough to fight with DL staff who insisst on incorrectly arguing that a visa is needed (for USA passports, for instance) for every visit to China. There are details in a big sticky thread with an excellent wiki in the China destination forum.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've been playing around with this one and here's what I found:

From what I could see of the fare rules, it must be ticketed by May 31 and is good for flights May 6 - August 31 (outbound???). I couldn't get this to work, but the fare supposedly allows two stopovers at international gateways for $100 each. There is no minimum stay but there is a maximum stay, IIRC 6 months. Fare code is ZKEOZPD5. When I did dummy bookings on delta.dumb, it seems to be showing domestic connecting flights as G A P, but they all seem to ticket as P class.

As mentioned above, it's good for HND or NRT. Outbound was offering me LAX, PDX, or SEA international gateways, but surprisingly the NRT-MSP 777 nonstop is offered on the return with a RT fare for PHX-LAX-NRT//NRT-MSP-PHX of about $2500.

I didn't try to ticket this, but I found MSP-NRT RTs (not with the nonstop) at $3818, which is excellent for this route. The domestic connections I saw used fare classes URVNAOMX and LEUNAOFW respectively, but when I looked at the fare rules these are apparently FC fares. TPAC segments used the ZNX77PD6 fare. Delta.dumb seemed to be willing to issue this as one ticket, but I stopped before a ticket was issued. This one was only for Monday through Thursday travel and had a seven day stay requirement.

I was looking at random dates in August, staying slightly less than seven days. Amazingly, there was availability for every date I looked at.

The good news is that I was able to have a ticket issued for the PHX Z/P fare of around $2000 (this depends a bit on the exact routing, as expected). I have a receipt with every seat assignment in FC or D1. [If you don't mind double connections, you can play around with the routing for more MQMs, but you can easily get 18,000-20,000 MQMs at 150%.]

Note that hotel rates in the Phoenix area should be low for much of the summer. High season around PHX is when it's cooler there and very cold in much of the USA.
Thanks for the details!
I saw DFW-NRT r/t on DL yesterday for $2300usd also, but now that is gone, back to $3800usd for DL. With the DFW-NRT fare, i was able to add my positioning flight from TPA-DFW return for $2700usd as a multicity, but with the PHX-NRT route, not possible.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by island82
Thanks for the details!
I saw DFW-NRT r/t on DL yesterday for $2300usd also, but now that is gone, back to $3800usd for DL. With the DFW-NRT fare, i was able to add my positioning flight from TPA-DFW return for $2700usd as a multicity, but with the PHX-NRT route, not possible.
I couldn't get multicity to show me some connections that I know are possible. At times delta.dumb incorrectly said that there were no flights available on the route for the date selected and invited me to check the May schedule PDF.

Your being able to add the flights to/from TPA reminds me of the MSP $3800 fare I found. Since MSP people are viewed as hub captives, it shouldn't be surprising that MSP TPACs are much more expensive.

Did you look at your fare rules and/or fare codes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.