Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREMIUM FARE GONE] Ist - BKK 480euro ow Kuwait airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:59 pm
cln
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold

One of the worst j products though and not really a nice connection but maybe someone is interested
Old Apr 5, 2016, 5:30 am

Any dates please?
Old Apr 5, 2016, 5:55 am
cln
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
example: June 9 , 10, 13, 16 , 17

also december wide available, didnt check other months. Easy to spot with the matrix

return also available for about doubled amount
Old Apr 5, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Bookable on Expedia but not on KU's own website.

Transit time is 13 hours with horrible departure time from IST, if the departure time from IST is earlier during the evening like 6-7 pm I wouldn't mind spending a night in KWI. Finally, does KU provide accomodation for passengers with long connection time? (especially J)
Old Apr 5, 2016, 6:32 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Got excited by this but then saw comments about hard product, departure times and stopover :-( Guess I've been spoilt by a few good J error fares here & there.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Don't. Do. It.

The Points Guy - Kuwait Airways 777 First Class Review
Old Apr 6, 2016, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by cln
One of the worst j products
Really? KWI-BKK is operated by brand new A330, plus First Class seats used as Business Class (as no F operated on this route). Basically you're getting the same AA/CX/AF Business suites. Not a bad deal at all.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by sushimaru
Really? KWI-BKK is operated by brand new A330, plus First Class seats used as Business Class (as no F operated on this route). Basically you're getting the same AA/CX/AF Business suites. Not a bad deal at all.
The new A330 has the same business class seats just like TK and LO. Also correction on my statement, this fare is bookable on KU's website but the connection needs to be under 12 hours. This is only possible on days when KU departs IST at 3 pm (Monday and Friday AFAIK). To create connection longer than on KU you need to use multi-city option.

If you can fly on the days KU leaves at 3pm this is indeed a heck of a deal, I believe this has been around for a while and hope they add 3 pm departure from IST on Sat and Sun.

This deal would essentially be the same as SV's IST-KUL in J minus cash values on miles accrued for other ST FFP (ie DL).
Old Apr 7, 2016, 7:56 am

Can you credit miles from this flight to any other program than Oasis Club which belongs to Kuwait Airways?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:16 pm

Worth the bump due to increased frequency on IST-KWI and change to A330 on KWI-BKK from Feb 16th, 2017, making this offer even more attractive.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...as-of-27aug16/

Time the flight out of IST to minimize connection time at KWI.

One way IST-BKK is about $500 USD, return is around $900 USD, a heck of a deal even without miles. However, BKK-IST one way and BKK-IST rt iwill be at least double.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flyblue
For those who might not know, this is a 'dry' airline. No alcohol served.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 3:37 am

I'm looking at this route for late JAN and its all showing 777/320 IST-KWI and even worse A340 IST-BKK

Yuk.

Does the 330 only operate certain days?
Old Aug 28, 2016, 5:31 am

KWI-BKK-KWI on A340 books is C, but you will seat in the F seats. I'm flying this myself soon. Of course even the old F at KU is not nearly competitive, but just wanted to mention it.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:52 pm

If you have enough miles(min 15000)in kuwait airways, you can redeem on their website Roundtrip(only).

Else you have miles for oneway or roundtrip to approach kuwait airways office in your country to redeem by paying taxes. Very useful.

Else check for travelling class upgrade on your future trips.

If miles are about to expiry then you can buy oneway or roundtrip tickets to others too...(including me...haa haa).

I am living in kuwait for past 6 years. If you are residing in kuwait, this is the best program to opt.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 10:10 pm

I am looking at cheapest possible way to get to Asia from IST, KU may be the choice which has ongoing low fares without waiting for flash sales.

Right now IST-BKK/MNL rt for $910/$970 respectively ($950 open jaw depending on your scheduling need), and you earn between 20000 and 25000 Oasis Miles if you sign up with Oasis Club, in KU you earn 100%/200%/300% in any revenue Y/J/F classes. See the manual.

http://s3images.coroflot.com/user_fi...rqKduJLYOC.pdf

If you top up those miles with less than 20K miles purchase you can redeem JFK-KWI (or anywhere in GCC like Dubai) in J with 37500 miles within 3 years. The catch is, as previous poster mentioned, you need to go to ticket offices to redeem 1 way award.

If you're flexible with schedules, plan ahead, and don't mind extra effort this is the cheapest way to fly long haul J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.