Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Skyteam SNA/SFO/LAX-DEL/BOM ~$2,200 - $2,255 rt in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2016, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Looks like a decent deal but it is out of SNA. Many dates through mid-may.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, and others
Great deal. Also works from SFO/LAX, plus others perhaps.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex
IAD, DCA, BOS and MIA

Do an ita search. Lots of comptitor hubs. I think ORD too.
Just note klm has lie flat to del from ams, AF doesnt. But has lie flat to IAD while KLM doesnt.
I fooled around on google flights and booked on DL.com
Old Jan 27, 2016, 8:05 am
Suspended

This is crazy cheap: 15 cpm from BOS!

Fare rules:

PERMITTED 16JAN 16 THROUGH 15MAY 16 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 02FEB 16.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Also from DCA/IAD using DL/AF/KL on various dates.
Very tempted to swap a February award trip I booked to AMS during the sale last fall for 87,000 miles and pay for this to DEL instead. Otherwise this trip gets shoved to April and I'm not sure I want to take the 95 degree high temps in DEL in April.

Keeping the AMS trip and going to DEL for a week.
Thanks to the OP for the posting on this - just booked it for a week in March -- DCA-DTW-AMS-DEL and return. $2275.83, as a DM will earn 23,200 base miles and 22,500 MQDs. Same trip available on both AF and KL www sites for basically same price but in this case the base mile earnings would be 25% of 16,800. Get to fly on a KL 747 with the new business class cabin. Trying to decide whether to go upstairs, which on KL is 2/2 rather than DL's 1/1. For now I've booked the single seats downstairs in the business cabin.

Last edited by mot29; Jan 30, 2016 at 8:55 am
Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:55 am

St: Sfo/lax - del/bom ~$2200 usd

Various connection options on AF / DL / KL.
Dates in feb / march, maybe others.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Welcome to FT!

Not to discourage you, but the deal has already been posted here.

Maybe the mods can merge it, and rename the title to something more appropriate, like:

So-Cal to DEL
Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:05 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Threads have been merged.

Pat89339, Moderator
Mileage Run Forum
Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by Pat89339
Threads have been merged.

Pat89339, Moderator
Mileage Run Forum
Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: Currently: UA 1K | Previously: AS MVPG75K, SPG Gold, Kimpton IC, HH Gold
Anyone doing this as an MR or am I insane?

I'm currently mulling taking this as an AS elite as I'd get 29520 (23536*1.25) EQMs for $2200. Is anyone taking this as a pure MR or am I insane? I'm only spending about 24h in DEL, a city I'm a little familiar with. I already have a multiple entry visa for the country.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by felixmendelssohn
I'm currently mulling taking this as an AS elite as I'd get 29520 (23536*1.25) EQMs for $2200. Is anyone taking this as a pure MR or am I insane? I'm only spending about 24h in DEL, a city I'm a little familiar with. I already have a multiple entry visa for the country.
Still open? I thought the purchase by date was 2/2?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:38 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mot29
Still open? I thought the purchase by date was 2/2?
Must've been extended? SFO-DEL/BOM still showing up in Google Flights through first two weeks of May and clicks thru to DL confirmation page. Fare rules popup now says:

FARE CODE - ZOR5US

SEASONALITY
PERMITTED 16JAN 16 THROUGH 15MAY 16 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

[...]

SALES RESTRICTIONS
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 09FEB 16. TICKETS MAY BE ISSUED BY ELECTRONIC TICKETING. TICKETS MAY NOT BE ISSUED BY PTA. TICKETS MAY NOT BE SOLD IN VENEZUELA/NIGERIA. TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN AREA 1/AREA 2/AREA 3.
There are immediate turns on weekends requiring only part/all of either Friday or Monday off... this is sorely tempting.

There's also a note that "Service between DEL/BOM and AMS subject to government approval" -- aren't these flights operating already? Does this just mean "in some theoretical universe these flights could get pulled"?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: Currently: UA 1K | Previously: AS MVPG75K, SPG Gold, Kimpton IC, HH Gold
I booked on 2/5 late at night (2/6, technically) for SFO-AMS-DEL RT with about a 24h turnaround. No issues.
Got seats in the nose on the 744 for the SFO-AMS legs and decent seats in 787-9 for DEL-AMS legs.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Zorak

There's also a note that "Service between DEL/BOM and AMS subject to government approval" -- aren't these flights operating already? Does this just mean "in some theoretical universe these flights could get pulled"?
Interesting to see this is still available. I'm going to Delhi for a week in March, but for an MQM and MQD mileage run, not a bad deal as a true run. Maybe an out and back to BOM in May.

Anyone know of issues with Indian immigration on a MR if you stay in the transit area?

Some of the AMS-DEL and AMS-BOM legs in April and May are on Jet Airways -- I think that was the pending government approval.

Last edited by mot29; Feb 8, 2016 at 11:08 am
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by mot29
Interesting to see this is still available. I'm going to Delhi for a week in March, but for an MQM and MQD mileage run, not a bad deal as a true run. Maybe an out and back to BOM in May.

Anyone know of issues with Indian immigration on a MR if you stay in the transit area?

Some of the AMS-DEL and AMS-BOM legs in April and May are on Jet Airways -- I think that was the pending government approval.
I've never tried an MR to India and can't comment on any potential issues with the transit area. My experience with the country has for the most part been that trying to predict which policies will get enforced is a bit of a crapshoot. I already booked a hotel room for my MR using SPG points, as I'll have about 24h.

My trip is purely KLM; the Jet Airways options were a dealbreaker for me as they wouldn't count toward AS elite status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.