Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BUD-DXB in J under £800 return. QR.

Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)

BUD-DXB (slightly cheaper to SHJ) is coming in under £900 return for my dates in January. BUD-DOH is an A320 but it's not too bad for 5.5 hours on a day flight, and as DOH-DXB books into F, you'll get to experience the new Al Safwa lounge at DOH. You could probably drink the value of your fare back in Krug.

AY are also doing OSl-HEL-DXB for under £800, but I believe they use short haul aircraft on this route.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:12 am

Similar prices available ex-DE in 2-for-1 promo: http://www.qatarairways.com/de/de/of...cid=AFDE49920#
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Prices aren't bad ex-MUC even for a single flyer (travelling on business so 241 is no good to me). Change from £1150 for MUC-DOH-DXB on the A350.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
BUD-DXB (slightly cheaper to SHJ) is coming in under £900 return for my dates in January. BUD-DOH is an A320 but it's not too bad for 5.5 hours on a day flight, and as DOH-DXB books into F, you'll get to experience the new Al Safwa lounge at DOH. You could probably drink the value of your fare back in Krug.

AY are also doing OSl-HEL-DXB for under £800, but I believe they use short haul aircraft on this route.
Is this a good deal? If you need QR miles, maybe. However there are direct return fares from BUD to Dubai for 80-100GBP. Ok, it isn't C, but comes without connection...
Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ben63
Is this a good deal? If you need QR miles, maybe. However there are direct return fares from BUD to Dubai for 80-100GBP. Ok, it isn't C, but comes without connection...
It's a good deal premium fare, certainly.

It's not just QR miles this is handy for. It's worth 400 BA tier points, for example.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA

On short middle eastern routes. F is actually J.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
Originally Posted by a310pilot
Good thing that they think that short haul "F" customers are more valuable than long haul J customers flying into destinations like the US and the UK.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by a310pilot
Sort of. You get to use the F lounge (which in DOH is a bit special), and on board they serve F beverages (Krug champagne rather than Billecarte). The seats are recliners, granted, but it's certainly one of the better SH products. And you get F tier points and miles with Oneworld airlines (though at the SH rates, obviously - they tidied that anomaly up a few years ago).
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by expatOWflyer
Good thing that they think that short haul "F" customers are more valuable than long haul J customers flying into destinations like the US and the UK.
Have you seen their intra-GCC F fares, though? Sometimes they're not far off the cost of these deep-discounted long haul J fares.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:13 pm

Sort of. You get to use the F lounge (which in DOH is a bit special), and on board they serve F beverages (Krug champagne rather than Billecarte). The seats are recliners, granted, but it's certainly one of the better SH products. And you get F tier points and miles with Oneworld airlines (though at the SH rates, obviously - they tidied that anomaly up a few years ago).
I thought that they had stopped this (see here), and the on-board catering is now J rather than F-standard.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
DOH-DXB is sold as F but is a J product with J catering and beverages. However, you get 60TPs and the Business Lounge on DOH does still serve Krug
Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:35 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by pjh981
DOH-DXB is sold as F but is a J product with J catering and beverages. However, you get 60TPs and the Business Lounge on DOH does still serve Krug
IIRC, intra-gulf F flights serve Krug.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice deal, thanks for posting
Old Nov 29, 2015, 11:03 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by NoY
IIRC, intra-gulf F flights serve Krug.
I don't believe they do.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by skunker
I don't believe they do.
Doing AUH DOH on Thursday, will report back!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.