Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Lo: Ord/yyz-lhr $2200

various dates in Jan and Feb

ORD or YYZ or JFK-WAW-LHR

Last edited by rufflesinc; Nov 20, 2015 at 11:31 am Reason: also works for JFK (all US and canada that LO services)
Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: AA PLT
Seeing it as low as $2115 to LHR. Most continental Europe destinations available for <$2k.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
This is bound to make AC & UA happy lol.

Pretty decent timings too (for LOT, at least). And only 2.5 hour layovers in WAW - anyone chime in on the experience?
Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
And only 2.5 hour layovers in WAW - anyone chime in on the experience?
My best friend has flown them a half dozen times in the last year with no complaints, and he's usually the first to complain about things. WAW is easy to navigate.

Last edited by linglingfool; Nov 20, 2015 at 12:34 pm
Old Nov 20, 2015, 12:04 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
This is bound to make AC & UA happy lol.

Pretty decent timings too (for LOT, at least). And only 2.5 hour layovers in WAW - anyone chime in on the experience?
pretty good, lounge is a tad small for the hub of a *A carrier, but decent seating, food, etc. As if two months ago they were refurbishing one of the downstairs lounges, it's my understanding it should be re-open soon.

If you get in after a flight whose passengers mostly need visas, be prepared for a fustercluck at immigration -- one time our YYZ flight was delayed and the entire immigration hall was flooded with a tour group with everyone who had visas. I waited nearly 1.5 hours in a mob-like queue-less push to the immigration officers but was through within half a minute as soon as I got an agent to look at my passport. Otherwise it's a 10-minute wait at most.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Here's one of my TRs that included flying LO's 787 in business ex-WAW:

Austria, Switzerland & Warsaw - Flying in J (OS, LX & LO 787) Riding Trains & Hiking!
Old Nov 20, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Cheaper to some other European destinations prior to Christmas searching google flights Sample Dec 13-Dec 17

ORD-AMS - 1952
ORD-SVO - 1950
ORD-ATH -1857
ORD-CPH 1945
Old Nov 20, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
In December and January I am seeing ORD to IST, ZAG, BUD, OTP, SOF, IST and TLV all under $2000 ai on LO via WAW.

Nice find, rufflesinc!
Old Nov 21, 2015, 6:24 am

For my main program, Eurobonus, I get 100% miles in Z (LO biz saver) and 200% miles in D and C. I'm keeping my eye out for cheap biz D fares. Most of this ORD fares are Z fares
Old Nov 21, 2015, 10:15 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by mattking2000
it's my understanding it should be re-open soon.
It is open.

In WAW there are 3 lounges available:

- non-Schengen lounge - which is an Airport Authorities lounge - nice but with limited food options,
- LO Schengen lounge - nice, recently enhanced (in a good way) with good food options - might be crowded,
- LO Elite Lounge-Within-a-Lounge - part of LO Schengen lounge with a separate registration - only for *G and long-haul C (I believe inbound long-haul C connecting to short-haul C is not eligible). Small but really nice lounge with proper champagne, better food options etc. The best part: there is no indication at the entrance who can use it, so many eligible passengers stay in the Schengen lounge - so it is normally fairly empty

Enjoy.

PS. In YYZ it is AC Lounge, in ORD it is AF Lounge (no, not a mistake - they really use AF Lounge in T5), *G can also use SK IKEA or LX Lounges.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by TPJ
It is open.

In WAW there are 3 lounges available:

- non-Schengen lounge - which is an Airport Authorities lounge - nice but with limited food options,
- LO Schengen lounge - nice, recently enhanced (in a good way) with good food options - might be crowded,
- LO Elite Lounge-Within-a-Lounge - part of LO Schengen lounge with a separate registration - only for *G and long-haul C (I believe inbound long-haul C connecting to short-haul C is not eligible). Small but really nice lounge with proper champagne, better food options etc. The best part: there is no indication at the entrance who can use it, so many eligible passengers stay in the Schengen lounge - so it is normally fairly empty

Enjoy.

PS. In YYZ it is AC Lounge, in ORD it is AF Lounge (no, not a mistake - they really use AF Lounge in T5), *G can also use SK IKEA or LX Lounges.
Won't you have access oat ORD to the either *A business class lounges in T5 (LX and SK)? I just looked at the *A Lounge Finder and it indicates that you have access to 3 lounges at ORD T5 ... LX, SK and a contract lounge (I assume that is the AF lounge).
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:49 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by cheltzel
Won't you have access oat ORD to the either *A business class lounges in T5 (LX and SK)? I just looked at the *A Lounge Finder and it indicates that you have access to 3 lounges at ORD T5 ... LX, SK and a contract lounge (I assume that is the AF lounge).
Yes - you should get access to all these lounges based on class of service (i.e. Business) rule. Unfortunately both LX and SK lounges are pretty average...

Enjoy, anyway
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:10 pm

Plus, on the evening departures from ORD the SK lounge is pretty packed (SK own Y+ pax can access the lounge, so it adds some load to the otherwise small lounge too).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.