Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA: CPH TO JFK in J Christmas and July/August 2016 for approx £450!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA: CPH TO JFK in J Christmas and July/August 2016 for approx £450!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Spire, CC Gold
Originally Posted by SCSA
It's the 2.5 earning part that's interesting. I'm assuming that's on the base and not including any tier or cabin bonus, but even still, you'd be out a net 7000 or so Avios (by my very rough calculation of earning around 22K base and spending 30K) to fly return in J for £450.

Which to me sounds like a decent offer.
For me, who is a lowly silver, my avios earning was just over 17k when I did the booking so gold would be higher like you suggest.
Will get to gold this year - thanks partly to flyertalk! Feel like my life has been taken over
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC
So reading this again I now think this is what they mean: You're not earning 2.5x on your travel, but you're getting a greater discount for your Avios spend.

Without the promo it would cost you 30,000 Avios to save £200. Now that same amount can get you a £500 discount.

If this is the case (and it seems more likely), you'd earn your normal Avios based on Tier (and ticket booking class-which is a new one for CW travel), a Gold customer would spend a net 9,740 Avios to fly in J for £457.

So basically it's a very good reward flight offer that earns Tier Points
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:57 am

Thanks OP really interesting deal that I wouldn't have noticed had I not seen your post.

Only thing is, I can't price it at <£1000 in JUL/AUG. I'm getting c£1850 after the part avios discount. Any sample dates for JUL/AUG?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Great find OP. ^

Unfortunately it doesn't really seem to work when you try to add AA domestic flights to make it into a TP run. I can't get the big discounts when an AA flight is involved.

While great for those actually wanting to visit one of the highlighted destinations, £450 and negative Avios isn't quite good enough for 360 TPs...
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:03 am
AHO

British Airways I class fare from Stockholm to Houston is approx. 13.500 SEK incl. taxes R/T.
Co-pay with 30.000 avios, it will be about 7.200 SEK incl. taxes which is about 780 EUR / 885 USD / 585 GBP.

Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:20 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
So with the booster active, the flight cost would be about

€600 + 30k avios

Earnings would be about

25k avios boost + 13k avios earnings

Basically a €600 C-fare CPH-NYC with TP-earning only? Or am I calculating wrongly?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for posting & welcome to FT, NikaK!

Interesting offer for BA program members.

Mods: Just wondering, if this thread would fit better into the BA forum, instead of the MR one. Thx.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by alxgrepe
Only for those that are based in US
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
Only for those that are based in US
Nope, depends on what country page you are looking at. Here is the Europe-version:

http://www.britishairways.com/en-fi/...rs/bonus-avios

Eligible Countries for this promotion are:

Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Spire, CC Gold
Originally Posted by alxgrepe
Thanks! ^
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Anyone able to get the AARP discount to work with this?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by DWooderson
Anyone able to get the AARP discount to work with this?
That only works from flights departing from the US

EDIT: pardon my shortsightedness...it does work with AARP. I noticed the "pay with points" option still works on the AARP site. 30k Avios was USD$767 = GBP500.

Thanks OP!!

Last edited by grandgourmand; Oct 13, 2015 at 7:09 pm
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
That only works from flights departing from the US

EDIT: pardon my shortsightedness...it does work with AARP. I noticed the "pay with points" option still works on the AARP site. 30k Avios was USD$767 = GBP500.

Thanks OP!!
How did you get this to work with AARP? Isn't AARP ex US only?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by Gnopps
How did you get this to work with AARP? Isn't AARP ex US only?
I should have clarified, I'm looking at US departures and indicating that the Avios accelerator can be used in the AARP portal. I thought the accelerator was good only from Europe.

there are still some good values to be had, especially if you value the AA points over Avios and can get the 25k TATL bonus. I'm in Canada, where Avios are easy to accrue, but AA aren't.

Just to be clear, these flights still qualify for the TATL bonus correct?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 6:34 am

Booked!

THANKYOU OP!

Btw, I totally disagree this should be moved to BA thread. I would not have found it if it wasn't here in this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.