Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

[Business] Saudia - CDG-KUL or MNL rt ai for 1160 EUR in Jan-Feb 2016

Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat

Found on skyscanner, seems to be bookable on ebookers (I made a dummy booking and went to the payment page) and expedia.

Normal price (on ITA and Saudia web site) : 1716 EUR

I've only checked a few dates so I've no idea of availability through these months (and might be avaible for other months).

Not the best business class seat and no alcohol on board, but for that price...

*** EDIT ***
Available for CDG-CGK (Jakarta) too.

Last edited by Matt4; Jul 2, 2015 at 3:46 pm Reason: Add a new destination valid for this error fare
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: SW-A list preferred , Alaska -MVP Gold , Marriott - Platinum , HHonors - Diamond , Hyatt - Diamond
Any deals to DEL / BLR ?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Probably a legit fare. They have extremely cheap j fares because its not a very good product
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Not an error. You couldn't pay me to fly Saudi.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by CDKing
Probably a legit fare. They have extremely cheap j fares because its not a very good product
and a dry airline
Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
I'm not quite as extreme - maybe $50 an hour on top of the free flight to somewhere I want to go, and permission to bring my own booze

(And the ok to wear clothing very out of keeping with Saudi cultural sensibilities)
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:15 pm

Bless. But this (probably) isn't a mistake fare, just a crappy airline with a sub-par J.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:59 pm

Programs: *A G, OW Sapphire
This is a perfect example depicting the primary problem with the chant from the "well the forum/blog/website noted it was a mistake fare so people knew it was a mistake when they bought it" crowd.

In big capital letters "ERROR FARE" which, if the DOT, Airlines and certain self-appointed sheriffs around here are on point, makes it cancelable by the airline.

But "no" the airline defenders will say, "it actually has to be an error for the airline to be able to cancel the tickets" which then returns the point, how is any ticket buyer supposed to really know what is a sale and what is a mistake (unless they are known to be well qualified or admit to such)? Sure you can guess - I understand that (and I realize this is the defense)

Further, I don't know why certain people on FT feel compelled to classify their find as an "ERROR" or "MISTAKE" (I do understand the appeal to the blogger-class, another reason against posting it as an "error" on FT) especially given rulings that put one foot in the grave when you do so.

Unrelated to my above notes, but more related to the thread, I've flown SV before and while nothing amazing, it was adequate. I would guess that this is not an error fare myself but who knows or cares. As with any offer, book it if tickles your fancy.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Jestner
This is a perfect example depicting the primary problem with the chant from the "well the forum/blog/website noted it was a mistake fare so people knew it was a mistake when they bought it" crowd.

In big capital letters "ERROR FARE" which, if the DOT, Airlines and certain self-appointed sheriffs around here are on point, makes it cancelable by the airline.

But "no" the airline defenders will say, "it actually has to be an error for the airline to be able to cancel the tickets" which then returns the point, how is any ticket buyer supposed to really know what is a sale and what is a mistake (unless they are known to be well qualified or admit to such)? Sure you can guess - I understand that (and I realize this is the defense)

Further, I don't know why certain people on FT feel compelled to classify their find as an "ERROR" or "MISTAKE" (I do understand the appeal to the blogger-class, another reason against posting it as an "error" on FT) especially given rulings that put one foot in the grave when you do so.

Unrelated to my above notes, but more related to the thread, I've flown SV before and while nothing amazing, it was adequate. I would guess that this is not an error fare myself but who knows or cares. As with any offer, book it if tickles your fancy.
I agree 100%. The phrase error fare or mistake needs to be banned. I'm worried the mere mention if error fare will be enough ammo to cancel ticket whether its a borderlines mistake vs actual sale. Let whatever regulatory body that reviews to make their own determination.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
I'm not quite as extreme - maybe $50 an hour on top of the free flight to somewhere I want to go, and permission to bring my own booze

(And the ok to wear clothing very out of keeping with Saudi cultural sensibilities)
For a slightly higher rate, I would just load up in LHR T4/MNL skyview lounge.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Fares around this level seem to be regularly available on some airlines from a handful of airports in Europe to SE Asia - mainly Bangkok.

Scandinavian airports and TK/QR are most usually involved, but sometimes other airports, other airlines. Egyptair and Budapest figured for a long time, and at the moment Cathay from Copenhagen crops up in some threads.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The fare is not published, so it might be a mistake, we cannot investigate further from here

But I think it is a bit strange to shout that it is a mistake just because it is a little bit cheaper than expected

On QR this would be considered a normal sale price
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Have you flown with them before? If not quite a general statement without specific details and facts to back it up. What's wrong with SV for someone who doesn't drink? It can't be any worse than US3 J products.

IST-KUL/MNL is regularly priced around $750 OW. The only issue is, the return portion of the trip is not permitted without visa since it's bordering 12-hour TWOV threshold (you'll need visa if the transit in Saudi Arabia is over 12 hours).
Old Jul 3, 2015, 4:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
This is not a mistake fare, must be a sale fare, eg published del-lax fare is ~US$1500 in J..

Last edited by ashkale; Jul 3, 2015 at 6:23 pm
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by vincewy
What's wrong with SV for someone who doesn't drink? It can't be any worse than US3 J products.
For someone who never drinks I'm sure it's an adequate product, however I am curious what percentage of the flying public that really is? I personally like a glass of wine with dinner and a few beers here and there throughout a long flight. Some flights I don't drink at all, but even if I don't want a drink, I don't like that it's not available purely out of principle therefore I have little interest in flying the likes of Saudia, Egyptair, etc.

Definitely agree though, this is not an error fare, there have been heaps of $1000-1500 business class fares this year, this fits right in that category.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.