Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA Business DUB-West Coast/Hawaii €1500/$1700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Business DUB-West Coast/Hawaii €1500/$1700

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA1K, IC RA, *wood Plt, AA EXP, LH Sen, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, EK Gold
Originally Posted by k_getchell
Because they're in I class which counts as discount business and, according to this chart http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/aadvanta...&reportedPos=3 only early 3,500 miles (assuming EXP status)
If one upgrades to F (A class), will it be 3500 miles or 12000 miles?
Old May 26, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, *Gold, Skyteam E+

Last edited by LAXR202W; Feb 3, 2016 at 2:47 pm
Old May 26, 2015, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by asripathi
What dates were you seeing on ITA? I am not seeing anything that routes via SFO
I couldn't find anything either that involved SFO.

On another note, one of my trips is 8/6-8/9. It appears in the terms and conditions that "half the roundtrip bonus will apply after an eligible one way." Should I take that to mean that my 8/6 flight (my third, so 22.5k miles!) will post, but the other half won't since it is after the end of the promo?

Anyone had experience with this? Don't want to spend money on that third ticket if I won't get at least part of the bonus!
Old May 26, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by flying MD
If one upgrades to F (A class), will it be 3500 miles or 12000 miles?
If by upgrading you mean purchasing an A fare, then yes, it will be 12000.

If you mean upgrading by using miles+copay or an EVIP, then no, it will post the miles according to the originally purchased fare.
Old May 26, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP100K, Hyatt Globalist, HiltonHonors Gold
It seems you can also book this on BA stock. Has anyone had luck applying CARDOFFERU for the 10% off when using your BA visa signature card at booking?
Old May 26, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by konradh
It seems you can also book this on BA stock. Has anyone had luck applying CARDOFFERU for the 10% off when using your BA visa signature card at booking?
Believe the 10% discount requires a US departure.
Old May 27, 2015, 1:40 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by asripathi
What dates were you seeing on ITA? I am not seeing anything that routes via SFO
Looks pretty wide open in July and August according to ITA's calendar view.
Try forcing the routing - aa lhr o:ba sfo o:aa dfw o:aa
Old May 27, 2015, 1:54 am

What will the math be if travel starts Aug 17 and ends Aug 24 ? I'm not an EXP, just Plat.
Old May 27, 2015, 2:32 am

Programs: BA GGL
Anyone seeing anything interesting via BA for the December travel period?

I'm not having much luck finding routings under EUR2500. Looking for DUB-HNL or KOA.
Old May 27, 2015, 6:18 am

Picked up DUB-LHR-LAS-LHR-LGW-DUB for a vacation at £1,054. All on BA Metal.

Thanks for bringing this offer to my attention
Old May 27, 2015, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA4EVER
Anyone seeing anything interesting via BA for the December travel period?

I'm not having much luck finding routings under EUR2500. Looking for DUB-HNL or KOA.
What kind of dates do you want?

If you do make it over in early December, please have a drink with us! (2nd Dec in HNL. Venue to be confirmed.)

HNL / US gateway meet up thread (TP run or not)

Offer extended to all.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:12 am

This is very exciting. A week in Hawaii and I should be able to easily make BA silver if not gold.

A few questions, would appreciate the answer if anyone knows.
Are 767 on the DFW->OGG/HNL routes angled or are they the lie flat versions?

Coming back from OGG/HNL is there anyway to avoid the double red-eye short of overnighting in mainland US? All I can come up with OGG/HNL->LAX->[convoluted route or direct]->LHR/DUB or OGG/HNL->DFW->[convoluted route or direct]->LHR/DUB. AA does not fly direct to JFK/ORD from Hawaii so it is impossible to catch the dayflights to LHR.

On a J ticket are lounges with showers in DFW after the arrival from OGG/HNL.

Thank you,
Old May 27, 2015, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bonzo
This is very exciting. A week in Hawaii and I should be able to easily make BA silver if not gold.

Coming back from OGG/HNL is there anyway to avoid the double red-eye short of overnighting in mainland US? All I can come up with OGG/HNL->LAX->[convoluted route or direct]->LHR/DUB or OGG/HNL->DFW->[convoluted route or direct]->LHR/DUB. AA does not fly direct to JFK/ORD from Hawaii so it is impossible to catch the dayflights to LHR.

Thank you,
Angled; don't think so; and yes.

On another note, I don't think you can benefit from the AA promotions if the ticket is on BA stock, can you?
Old May 27, 2015, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you are looking to maximize tier points, stopping in DFW is the wrong strategy. Instead you should do something like DUB-LHR-JFK-PHX-HNL and back; if booked in the right buckets (J/I/A/A), this will accrue 40+140+210+210 twice or 1200 points. They key is that flights over 2000 miles booked in A/F/P accrue a ridiculous 210 points. For full details see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html

Angled.

No the geometry of the problem (travelling east for several thousand miles at subsonic speeds) means you will need to overnight somewhere, either on a plane or on land. Although, if you caught the first HNL-LAX flight of the day you may be able to connect to the "day" direct flight to LON. There will be an overnight on board though.

You will have access to the AA Admirals Club on the basis of your same-day international connection in J. The DFW AAdmirals Club does have showers (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post19996983)

Last edited by Calchas; May 27, 2015 at 8:26 am
Old May 27, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: EY Gold AB Gold Europcar Privilege Executive
Managed to convince my wife that this was a great deal and booked DUB-JFK-LAX-LHR-DUB. Outbound is AA 757 and A321T which I am looking forward to! return is BA A380 which will be a first for me. At the time of booking this seemed to be the best option, will be able to use preclearance in DUB etc. now there is another option which definitely wasn't showing when I booked; DUB-LHR-LAX on AA 777. I've seen reviews of this service and it looks good! Does anyone know if it is possible to change? Or would people recommend changing the outbound if it is possible?
With regards to FFPs I am an Air Berlin Gold through a status match, is there any possibility of scoring an upgrade because of status? will I earn a worthwhile amount of miles? or should I credit my AA outbound to EY as I primarily use them?!

Many thanks for any help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.