Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK-PAR $1700 this Summer - OneWorld Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK-PAR $1700 this Summer - OneWorld Business

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nyczreklis
Kept trying and trying and finally able to pull up flights out of LGA. It wouldn't allow me to have less than 120 minutes of connection time at ORD.

Will probably take the nonstop from JFK outbound and EWR inbound to make life simpler right now!

Thanks for all your help!
It is a hard coded restriction in the BA multicity tool, notwithstanding the true MCT.

It is a perennial irritation, unfortunately it can only be evaded on the phone or in person.

Originally Posted by BigRedBears
Stupid question, have you guys been able to find AA operated flights on BA website using AARP discount? I only see flights on BA metal
I believe the discount applies only to BA metal.

Originally Posted by ulzimates
I have two flights in J NYC-CDG reserved using Aeroplan miles (90k each). I'm debating whether to cancel that and book these tickets instead... any suggestions?
Get your cash ticket bookend first!

What is your valuation of AC miles? That number will tell you if you are making a good decision.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:01 pm

I can only see $2300 for July travel. With AARP it brings down to $1900 on BA.com. How does everyone getting ~$1200?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by imm2b
I can only see $2300 for July travel. With AARP it brings down to $1900 on BA.com. How does everyone getting ~$1200?
July is pretty much wide open with fares around $1700 before AARP and CARDOFFERU. See Google Flights.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA *G MM, AA G MM
Originally Posted by imm2b
It's wide open in July. Have you tried matrix.itasoftware.com ?

$1,702
New York (LGA) to Paris (CDG) — Wed, Jul 1
Overnight flight

New York (LGA) to Boston (BOS) — Wed, Jul 1
American Airlines Inc. 2141
Dep: 5:00 pm
Arr: 6:25 pm
1h 25m
Embraer RJ-190
First (P)
OPERATED BY US AIRWAYS
Layover in BOS
1h 50m

Boston (BOS) to Paris (CDG) — Wed, Jul 1
American Airlines Inc. 146
Dep: 8:15 pm
Arr: 9:10 am
6h 55m
Boeing 757
Business (I)
Dinner, Continental BreakfastMovie
Thu, Jul 2

Paris (ORY) to Newark (EWR) — Sun, Jul 5
American Airlines Inc. 6243
Dep: 1:40 pm
Arr: 4:15 pm
8h 35m
Boeing 757
Business (I)
Meal
OPERATED BY OPENSKIES AS BRITISH AIRWAYS
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:46 pm

Thanks all. I found it. I had an open jaw out of MAD. I did roundtrip and got it down to $1297. Too bad I canceled my BA Visa.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K
B757 angled seats?

Originally Posted by cl.lurker
It's wide open in July. Have you tried matrix.itasoftware.com ?

$1,702
New York (LGA) to Paris (CDG) — Wed, Jul 1
Overnight flight

New York (LGA) to Boston (BOS) — Wed, Jul 1
American Airlines Inc. 2141
Dep: 5:00 pm
Arr: 6:25 pm
1h 25m
Embraer RJ-190
First (P)
OPERATED BY US AIRWAYS
Layover in BOS
1h 50m

Boston (BOS) to Paris (CDG) — Wed, Jul 1
American Airlines Inc. 146
Dep: 8:15 pm
Arr: 9:10 am
6h 55m
Boeing 757
Business (I)
Dinner, Continental BreakfastMovie
Thu, Jul 2

Paris (ORY) to Newark (EWR) — Sun, Jul 5
American Airlines Inc. 6243
Dep: 1:40 pm
Arr: 4:15 pm
8h 35m
Boeing 757
Business (I)
Meal
OPERATED BY OPENSKIES AS BRITISH AIRWAYS
I checked, and these are the B757 angled seats. Anybody have any experience/feedback about these seats? Are they good or not worth it since they are not true lie-flats?

Last edited by SFflyer123; Apr 17, 2015 at 9:03 pm
Old Apr 18, 2015, 12:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
I was able to get routed JFK-LAX-LHR-CDG for $2442
Old Apr 18, 2015, 4:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
I checked, and these are the B757 angled seats. Anybody have any experience/feedback about these seats? Are they good or not worth it since they are not true lie-flats?
Better than coach!!! The AA seats, that is. BA is a great product...

Last edited by mizzou miles; Apr 18, 2015 at 4:47 am
Old Apr 18, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
How many EQP earned for this fare?

If I purchase the ticket on BA site, BA flight #but AAMetal, I class, do I qualify for the 2.0 EQ Points (rather than regular 1.5 EQP)? Promo T&C says flight must be AA marketed so I assume I must purchase on AA site as purchasing on BA seems to me that would be BA marketed. I called EXP desk 3 times. #1 said qualifies for 2.0, #2 called another desk and said does not qualify, #3 switched me to AAdvantage desk with 40 minute hold so I hung up.

I want to buy on BA to use AARP savings. T&C don't state purchase must be on AATicket stock. What do you think?
Old Apr 18, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
Unpopular as my opinion may be I actually like those seats as much as lie-flats, but for different reasons. Yes, they are angled when stretched into the bed position, but you have more control of where the individual sections go. If the angle is bugging me (which it does not always, depends on the wine served), I raise the knees and head and pretend I'm in one of those adjustable beds they advertise for old people. The seat cushion is thicker than the new lie-flats too. I never feel the base or the workings below me. And although there is less storage in the seat area, you get the coat hook (or 'goat hook', the C is always smudged). Put your necessaries in an old BA shoe bag and hang it up for easy access to things like glasses which tend to slide away.

If the centre section is three and you are two, take two centre aisles--the middle seat will be one of the last booked, and even if it is filled that person will likely be happy to switch with you or your travelling partner.

I am fully prepared to stand alone on this!
Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:03 am

Location: DCA's home, AA hubs and spokes are where you'll usually find me
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
AARP discount not reflected?

I'm having a hard time getting the AARP discount to reflect -- the first time I tried, it showed the revised price but forced me to close a different window. Now, every time I open it up (I've used new windows, logged in and out, etc.) it isn't reflecting the adjusted AARP discount. Anyone have suggestions?

UPDATE: I had to go to a different computer but eventually made it work. There must be cookie issues.

Last edited by GloverParker; Apr 18, 2015 at 8:28 am Reason: update
Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
I was able to get routed JFK-LAX-LHR-CDG for $2442
what airline?
Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:34 am

I just tried to buy two tickets EWR-ORY in the BA website (link from the AARP site). Everything went fine until I tried to pay (chase Sapphire credit card). It said to wait while the payment was processed and showed the "verified by Visa logo. After that nothing happened and it took me back to the home page. I did not get any emails about having bought the tickets. I don't think the payment went through. Has this happened to anyone welse?
Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:52 am

[QUOTE=Calchas;24681648]It is a hard coded restriction in the BA multicity tool, notwithstanding the true MCT.

It is a perennial irritation, unfortunately it can only be evaded on the phone or in person.

I believe the discount applies only to BA metal.

It applies to BA marketed, AA Operated birds too. Bought mine
Old Apr 18, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by stvr
never seen this before:

Error
You may not use CARDOFFERU with one or more of the airlines operating your chosen flights
Sorry, CARDOFFERU may not be used in conjunction with some discounted fares. Please refer to the promotion rules
The AARP discount applies to any BA marketed flight. The credit card discount can only be used if all the flights are on BA metal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.