Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TAM: JFK-YYZ in Business $84 one way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAM: JFK-YYZ in Business $84 one way

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Burj
So out of curiosity...what do you get if you credit this to AA?

If you have Emerald status do you get lounge (Flagship) access at JFK?
You get credit for miles flown (500 mile minimum) and 1.5 points (so 750).

Can't answer the lounge question for you, sorry... I'm an AC member regardless.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by Boogie711
You get credit for miles flown (500 mile minimum) and 1.5 points (so 750).
You get the 500 minimum only if you have AA status.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
You get the 500 minimum only if you have AA status.
I have no status and got 458 miles for the one-way in J.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
I have no status and got 458 miles for the one-way in J.
Confirming what I was saying. Had you had status, you would have gotten 625 total miles. Instead you received the actual distance (366 miles) plus 25% rounded up.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 5:04 pm

Programs: AC *E
With AA status, I got 626 miles (rounding)? for flying JJ 8102 in J.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:46 pm

My wife flew this on Sunday from YYZ to JFK in Business. It left 2 hours late...no food service...awful (partially turbulence related). Note that if you look up the ontime performance it leaves an hour late on average. My wife's take was that for such a short flight you'd be crazy not to be on the smaller planes which you can get off of quickly. The TAM staff at YYZ was unable to process everyone in a time effective manner. Horrible experience and looks like that is the norm for this flight.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Is it still available? when I try to price it I get weird results...

Return for dates 4-8 Nov 2015 comes up at total of over £1200
One way JFK-YYZ on Nov 4th is £320 while one way JFK-YYZ on Nov 8th is £270...

Both flights have no seats reserved yet so I'd assume there's availability.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: AA-ex EXP, PLT, LTG, MVP-Gold, UA-Silver, SPG-LTG, PLT, HH-D, Hyatt-D,
Folks - could not find this fare on ITA Matrix. cheapest one way was Delta for 184
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: AA-ex EXP, PLT, LTG, MVP-Gold, UA-Silver, SPG-LTG, PLT, HH-D, Hyatt-D,
Originally Posted by VickyKing
Both way $65 base fare, diff is from Canadian taxes (which you can't avoid on any other carrier)

Total $208 ai
Did you find the RT on TAM ?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by rafernandes
Folks - could not find this fare on ITA Matrix. cheapest one way was Delta for 184
Lowest I'm seeing is $152 US for YYZ-JFK and $106 for JFK-YYZ right now, about 4-6 weeks in advance or less. Just booked a flight for August for $250 rt.

The fare fluctuates quite a bit, week-to-week.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 12:01 pm

Looking to book this fare, anyone know if it's still available?
Old Nov 22, 2015, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mileageking
Looking to book this fare, anyone know if it's still available?
Looks like it.

Code:
Fare Basis  Airline  Booking  Trip Type   Fare           Cabin  Effective  Expiration  Min/Max  Advanced
                     Class                                      Date       Date        Stay     Purchase Req
ZEEEVZ6X    JJ       Z        One-Way     80.00 (USD)    B                             -- / 6M  
IEEEVZ3X    JJ       I        One-Way     120.00 (USD)   B                             -- / 6M  
DEEEVZ0X    JJ       D        One-Way     210.00 (USD)   B                             -- / 6M  
IEEEVZ7X    JJ       I        One-Way     310.00 (USD)   B                             -- / 6M  
IEEEVZ6X    JJ       I        One-Way     350.00 (USD)   B                             -- / 6M  
DEEEVZ6X    JJ       D        One-Way     460.00 (USD)   B                             -- / 6M  
IEEEVZ3X    JJ       I        One-Way     480.00 (USD)   B                             -- / 6M  
DEEEVZ3X    JJ       D        One-Way     610.00 (USD)   B                             -- / 6M  
DEEEVZ0X    JJ       D        One-Way     750.00 (USD)   B                             -- / 6M  
CEEEJZ0X    JJ       C        One-Way     970.00 (USD)   B                             -- / 6M  
JEEEJZ0X    JJ       J        One-Way     1210.00 (USD)  B                             -- / 6M
The advance purchase requirement isn't showing there but it's actually seven days.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 12:13 pm

Thank you Calchas
Old Nov 22, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by davidingotham
My wife flew this on Sunday from YYZ to JFK in Business. It left 2 hours late...no food service...awful (partially turbulence related). Note that if you look up the ontime performance it leaves an hour late on average. My wife's take was that for such a short flight you'd be crazy not to be on the smaller planes which you can get off of quickly. The TAM staff at YYZ was unable to process everyone in a time effective manner. Horrible experience and looks like that is the norm for this flight.
Have taken this flight JFK-YYZ when it's left on time and there is food service, but it's nothing to write home about. A cold plate with a couple of sandwiches, quick drink service, nothing else. TAM does break out the bedding and offer to make your bed, but it's also a 90-minute flight, so not especially useful. Didn't have the same issues getting off of the flight beyond the fact that we disembarked through the door behind business and so we actually deplaned after a reasonable chunk of economy, which makes cutting through immigration that much harder. Wasn't necessarily time-ineffective.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA
Originally Posted by steveholt
Have taken this flight JFK-YYZ when it's left on time and there is food service, but it's nothing to write home about. A cold plate with a couple of sandwiches, quick drink service, nothing else. TAM does break out the bedding and offer to make your bed, but it's also a 90-minute flight, so not especially useful. Didn't have the same issues getting off of the flight beyond the fact that we disembarked through the door behind business and so we actually deplaned after a reasonable chunk of economy, which makes cutting through immigration that much harder. Wasn't necessarily time-ineffective.
Business should have been allowed to disembark before Economy. Maybe that's not TAMs practice. After all priority boarding can't be without priority de-boarding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.