Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

(BUSINESS) OW RT AMS,CDG,FRA+ - GRU,GIG+ ~1808 A.I. Route Thru N.A.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(BUSINESS) OW RT AMS,CDG,FRA+ - GRU,GIG+ ~1808 A.I. Route Thru N.A.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Try one of the TAs here that have offered to help book premium fares. They can help squeeze true value out of these kinds of fares. Worth the small fee.

Originally Posted by YXXFlyer
I'm giving up on this one. If I could squeeze in stopovers in at least DFW it would be worth considering, but without it's of no use. And anything out of the ordinary on this fare seems to break it for reasons I don't understand.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dvs7310
I thought exactly the same thing, what airline is 1W? Then opened the thread and saw it was an AA fare, so think OP meant OW (OneWorld)
Same here. Skipped it first, thinking 1W was some kind of an oddball airline.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by dvs7310
Not obvious at all. OW=OneWorld, O/W=One way, quite simple I'd think. This was even followed directly by RT which has no other confusing possibilities so it certainly wasn't meant as One Way. I seriously opened the thread only because I thought 1W might have been the IATA code for some new or obscure airline we don't come across often and was curious what it was. Research inspired by the misnomer in this title has revealed that actually 1W IATA code is reserved for one of the GDS companies and will never be used in an airline but didn't know before today.
Sabre uses *O for oneworld to complicate things even more.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by YXXFlyer
I'm giving up on this one. If I could squeeze in stopovers in at least DFW it would be worth considering, but without it's of no use. And anything out of the ordinary on this fare seems to break it for reasons I don't understand.
This seems to be missing in the OP-should be Category 17
Code:
HIP/MILEAGE EXCEPTIONS    NO HIP OR MILEAGE EXCEPTIONS APPLY.
Which means that while 1 stopover is allowed each way, you are going to have a hard time actually getting one since the stopover would trigger the HIP check.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:50 am

Great deal - looks like you can fit LHR-JFK-GRU in the itinerary and fly new biz on the 77W.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:22 pm

Still struggling.

If someone can find for the end of may a trip from anywhere to/from Europe to Santiago for 7 days and then 5 days in Miami and I could not care less if Miami is first or after CSL I'll be thrilled ;-)
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by AAbruflyer
Still struggling.

If someone can find for the end of may a trip from anywhere to/from Europe to Santiago for 7 days and then 5 days in Miami and I could not care less if Miami is first or after CSL I'll be thrilled ;-)
Like I said earlier, you will continue to struggle as the fare rules require a HIP check. This means that if there is a stopover it will check to see if there is a higher fare (which there most likely will be).

For example, if you route AMS-LHR-MIA-SCL-MIA(STOP)-LHR-AMS the system checks whether SCL-MIA is more expensive than SCL-AMS. If it is then it prices the whole trip as AMS-SCL (1/2 R/T price) + SCL-MIA + MIA-AMS.

EDIT: It looks like ITA is pricing the return with stopover into a higher I fare. Same result--no stopover on the cheap fare.

Last edited by skunker; Apr 1, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Most
So using skunkers information, I found you can do a stopover in MIA if you final destination is BOG for $2190. I am checking other combinations
Old Apr 1, 2015, 3:17 pm

I learned what a HIP is. Ain't tha "hip" after all :-)
Thanks for looking; checking out in Warsaw, Poland and will try AM back to find fares.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mlqsko
The hell is 1W
It was World Air Leasing Gambia, but it is not currently in use.

Originally Posted by stephem
I've found plenty of JFK, DFW, ORD, PIT and MIA connections using ITA and limiting to AA+ I think LAX may exceed MPM?

As for LX, if you do a segment by segment search and specify the fare basis in the advanced routing codes, you'll probably find other connections in EU, including LX. That's how I usually find those oddball connections that are allowed. Often requires TA to book them them.
MPM is 7293
Code:
    V FARE BASIS     BK    FARE   TRAVEL-TICKET AP  MINMAX  RTG
  1   INE7A7Q1       I‡R  1375.00 D30NV  T14AP  7/3  7/12M AT01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT                 AUTO PRICE-YES              
FROM-AMS TO-SAO    CXR-AA    TVL-02APR15  RULE-A089 IPRSAA2/27
FARE BASIS-INE7A7Q1          SPECIAL FARE  DIS-E   VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BND      RT-BUSINESS CLASS NON-DISCOUNTABLE
EUR  1276.00   MPM  E07FEB15 D30NOV15   FC-INE7A7Q1  FN-19   
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 06FEB15/1317  EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG AMS-SAO/AA      EF-07FEB15 DIS-INDEF

/VIA THE ATLANTIC/ MPM 7293
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES BETWEEN ORIGIN AND DESTINATION
 MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES ORIGIN TO DESTINATION
[I had a discussion with ITA Hacker about the fare specifier. It doesn't work the way you would think. If you force a fare component, it actually applies as a filter after the search is done. So in a complex search if ITA's algorithm did not find your desired fare as one of the cheapest in the first pass, then you will get zero flights returned, even though, for instance, the fare component may be a completely valid way of covering your desired sectors.

So in that sense it doesn't guide ITA into finding the right fare, and therefore in some sense is not very helpful for price optimization purposes.

If you've ever seen the price drop substantially on the second page of an ITA search (after you've picked a few sectors), it means that ITA did not find the cheapest fares the first time through and only found a better deal once you had pinned down a few sectors.

ITA Hacker filed a bug report for me but he/she claims it was a low priority.]

Back to the fare: apparently will book into Y or Z on LX, I'll believe it when I see it.

BA and IB have been offering similar fares. Check also ex ROM and ex PAR since that is where the competition is strongest.

Last edited by Calchas; Apr 2, 2015 at 5:05 pm
Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:16 am

Programs: AC SE
Great info. I'll give it another try.

Originally Posted by Calchas
It was World Air Leasing Gambia, but it is not currently in use.

MPM is 7293
Code:
    V FARE BASIS     BK    FARE   TRAVEL-TICKET AP  MINMAX  RTG
  1   INE7A7Q1       I‡R  1375.00 D30NV  T14AP  7/3  7/12M AT01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT                 AUTO PRICE-YES              
FROM-AMS TO-SAO    CXR-AA    TVL-02APR15  RULE-A089 IPRSAA2/27
FARE BASIS-INE7A7Q1          SPECIAL FARE  DIS-E   VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BND      RT-BUSINESS CLASS NON-DISCOUNTABLE
EUR  1276.00   MPM  E07FEB15 D30NOV15   FC-INE7A7Q1  FN-19   
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 06FEB15/1317  EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG AMS-SAO/AA      EF-07FEB15 DIS-INDEF

/VIA THE ATLANTIC/ MPM 7293
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES BETWEEN ORIGIN AND DESTINATION
 MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES ORIGIN TO DESTINATION
[I had a discussion with ITA Hacker about the fare specifier. It doesn't work the way you would think. If you force a fare component, it actually applies as a filter after the search is done. So in a complex search if ITA's algorithm did not find your desired fare as one of the cheapest in the first pass, then you will get zero flights returned, even though, for instance, the fare component may be a completely valid way of covering your desired sectors.

So in that sense it doesn't guide ITA into finding the right fare, and therefore in some sense is not very helpful for price optimization purposes.

If you've ever seen the price drop substantially on the second page of an ITA search (after you've picked a few sectors), it means that ITA did not find the cheapest fares the first time through and only found a better deal once you had pinned down a few sectors.

ITA Hacker filed a bug report for me but he/she claims it was a low priority.]

Back to the fare: apparently will book into Y or Z on LX, I'll believe it when I see it.

BA and IB have been offering similar fares. Check also ex ROM and ex PAR since that is where the competition is strongest.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:43 am

This might be a dumb question, but why the emphasis on LX? Are their intra-Europe flights so much better than the others? You can't take LX on the TATL leg, so why bother?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ktkw
can do other cities in europe as well
can route through DFW
can do open jaws

e.g. pricing out FCO-ORD-DFW-GRU-DFW-LHR-ATH for $2090, 22k miles rt
Not sure exactly what's breaking here, but I can price out many dates for the above on ITA, but OTA can only find something like:

FCO-ORD-DFW-GRU-MIA/JFK-LHR-ATH, and the price goes to $2132-67, for 20.5K. If I try to force GRU-DFW-LHR-ATH, price jumps to $8K.

Has anyone been able to get more success?
Old Apr 9, 2015, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by transparent
Not sure exactly what's breaking here, but I can price out many dates for the above on ITA, but OTA can only find something like:

FCO-ORD-DFW-GRU-MIA/JFK-LHR-ATH, and the price goes to $2132-67, for 20.5K. If I try to force GRU-DFW-LHR-ATH, price jumps to $8K.

Has anyone been able to get more success?
I got this on orbitz for $2114. Find it on ITA and then use the script from Travel Tools forum.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by skunker
I got this on orbitz for $2114. Find it on ITA and then use the script from Travel Tools forum.
Can you please give us link to the script ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.