Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TK: OSL-BOS 7,522NOK/$1,000USD ai RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, SK*G, IHG Diamond Amb

Good business class promotion on TK from Oslo.
- Boston 7,522 NOK (approx. 1,000 USD)
- New York 8,022 NOK
- Houston 10,400 NOK
(+ some other cities)

Link to Special Offers: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-no...class=business

Terms:
Departure Period: : 01 March 2015 - 31 May 2015
This promotion isn't valid between these dates : 20 March 2015-03 April 2015
Purchasing Period: 01 March 2015 - 10 March 2015
Advance Ticketing : Tickets must be purchased within 1 day(s) after making your reservation.
Minimum Stay : 3 day(s) or Sunday (Return must start after 12:00 am on the first Sunday.)
Maximum Stay : 1 month(s)
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, SAS, Krisflyer, Royal Orchid Plus
Good deal! thanks for sharing :-)
Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:04 am

Thanks for sharing! In addition to the information already posted:

Fare basis JN2BX
Free stopover allowed in IST
Inbound flight can be later than May (I tried October for example). Inbound blackout dates are 05Apr-13Apr and 20Jul-07Sep.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
I'm seeing an outbound with a 65 minute connection at IST....is that do-able?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by jmc1K
I'm seeing an outbound with a 65 minute connection at IST....is that do-able?
Yes as long as you have a boarding pass for your next flight.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
So cheap I'd almost use this as a one way and throw away the return. Especially good if you actually wanted to visit IST, since stopover allowed there. $1k for business class OW from EU-US w stop in IST is pretty good deal. Max stay provision makes it harder to use return for typical vacation...
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: Most
You can find available dates out beyond 30day max stay that work. its 8022NK to JFK. I did flexible date and found the following 5/10 outbound return 9/10 lots of dates avaiable it will show a star next to the fare for sale dates.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Sanity warning - you'll find yourself flying back over Oslo about 10hrs after taking off in the first place!

(great fare mind you....)
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:44 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
How is it that we always see great fares coming out of OSL, especially when the cost of living is so high in Norway.

Is there really low demand for premium travel in the Scandinavian way of living?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:12 am

I guess every legay airline is trying to dump Norwegian LCC long haul business
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:17 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Sanity warning - you'll find yourself flying back over Oslo about 10hrs after taking off in the first place!
Yes, the routing is quite ridiculous. I suppose it's only offered right now to try and put pressure on DY.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lsed
How is it that we always see great fares coming out of OSL, especially when the cost of living is so high in Norway.

Is there really low demand for premium travel in the Scandinavian way of living?
Scandinavian companies are notoriously stingy with their travel policies in the way that they will under no circumstances allow travel in any cabin higher than Economy, or Premium Economy if you're lucky.

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony

(great fare mind you....)
No offense but that is the stupidest thing anyone has ever written on FlyerTalk. We go out of our way to get the longest and most time consuming routing. From a mileage perspective this deal is great since it earns you as many miles as a trip to Asia. And who doesn't enjoy getting more miles, and more importantly more hours in the air to enjoy all the wonderful food and Champagne
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by LH4116
Scandinavian companies are notoriously stingy with their travel policies in the way that they will under no circumstances allow travel in any cabin higher than Economy, or Premium Economy if you're lucky.

No offense but that is the stupidest thing anyone has ever written on FlyerTalk. We go out of our way to get the longest and most time consuming routing. From a mileage perspective this deal is great since it earns you as many miles as a trip to Asia. And who doesn't enjoy getting more miles, and more importantly more hours in the air to enjoy all the wonderful food and Champagne
Scandinavian employers are tightwads in general when it comes to premium cabin air travel, but less so when it comes to premium hotels.

OSL-IST-OST are some long flights in economy class type seating even with the premium cabin food and beverage service. With an IST stop, it can be a nice thing -- just factor in that your US trips for a bit thereafter have a higher chance of coming with TSA haraSSSSment screening due to the "stop"(s) in Turkey.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
OSL-IST-OST are some long flights in economy class type seating even with the premium cabin food and beverage service. With an IST stop, it can be a nice thing -- just factor in that your US trips for a bit thereafter have a higher chance of coming with TSA haraSSSSment screening due to the "stop"(s) in Turkey.
Many of the A321 operating the route feature proper recliner seats in Business Class. But I'd still recon that 3,5 hours is an average length flight for intra-Europe Business Class and perfectly doable with the 3-3 seating.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IAH seems to be the best deal distance-wise, especially compared to IAD.
Wondering, if LAX is included / how it would price out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.