Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: ICN-many US FC $3300 RT Jan/Feb

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: ICN-many US FC $3300 RT Jan/Feb

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 6:41 pm
Suspended

Excuse the ignorance, but: being that a fare like this originates in Asia, and most of the people replying are based in the USA....how does one get around that? Plan a trip and just hidden city ticket the second (Return) leg?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rbAA
Just found it ($2900 in Business and $3600 in FC) ICN-MCO Jan 21 out and return on Feb 9 (with a stop in LAX, MCO-LAX on 2/2.) Not through HKG though.
Did you try a multi-segment search? You can piece it together manually. It won't show up on the default flights AA will show.

With LAX in the mix, you will not be able to back-track to DFW. You can fly ICN-HKG-DFW-MCO; MCO-LAX; LAX-NRT-ICN.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Smile Still going strong....

Just got one of these on AA.com for July/August, and managed a three-day layover in HKG (ICN-HKG-DFW-ICN) for about $3,200.00. All in First, including a CX 77W from ICN to HKG.... Never done CX First. I know it's a short hop, but I'm excited.

Thanks FT!!!! ^
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:00 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Excuse the ignorance, but: being that a fare like this originates in Asia, and most of the people replying are based in the USA....how does one get around that? Plan a trip and just hidden city ticket the second (Return) leg?
There are a lot of potential scenarios, but for U.S. based travelers, the most common is probably to acquire a one-way award ticket to ICN.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:02 am

Lots of people here travel constantly and buy tickets in different parts of this planet, then use OWs or Awards or parts of RTWs to get to the starting point. I personally appreciate these post very much and often make use of good fares in F myself.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
A little planning helps

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Seems like every year around this time, the issue of requalifying hits us. So, planning out as far as possible helps-I'm ticketed through my June trip back to the US, and looking for dates in the fall/winter. I normally use awards for positioning, as suggested, then just book end on end, as I know my schedule and it's not too costly to go from ICN to my home in China, burning some cheap/free UA miles, etc. This obviously doesn't work for everyone, and remember, you end up in ICN as well, so you have to weigh the costs of a possible RT award/other fare for positioning to and from.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:01 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Paella747
Just got one of these on AA.com for July/August, and managed a three-day layover in HKG (ICN-HKG-DFW-ICN) for about $3,200.00. All in First, including a CX 77W from ICN to HKG.... Never done CX First.
Where did you book it? Was it on AA.com or through a TA?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
AA works fine
Old Jan 16, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Yep. AA.com. Tried to get the layover on The Big O, but it would 'error' when I went to see total price, and price much higher. Tried it on AA and it worked fine....
Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: most of them
wow. $2800 to DC in F. That's pretty amazing.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Appears to be dead. Sort of. I don't think that the fare is technically removed from the system; but it's sold out for all remaining dates, AFAICT. If anyone is still able to produce this fare, please post here. I can still use it. Thanks!!
Old Feb 7, 2015, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
But, you can still get the YYZ-PVG business class for between $2k and $2.9k. Easier positioning.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by rbAA
Easier positioning.
Depends on where you are, of course.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Just completed my first ICN-USA rt in F (have booked 4). Flew outbound, ICN-DFW-PNS without any trouble. Return, PNS-DFW had a two hour mechanical and we missed the connecting flight to ICN. Called EXP line as soon as I knew I had to reroute. Agent was HORRIBLE. Would only confirm me on the next day, same flight. Hung up. Did some research, found the flights I would need to get me home. Called back. Spoon fed the agent the flights I wanted. She saw all were available, and booked me onto the flights (PNS-DFW-LAX (AA), LAX-ICN (KE)). Would only put me in Biz on KE flight. I argued I was on a purchased first class fare. Wouldn't budge. Had her book to get on flights. Went to agent at checkin in PNS (a TRUE ROCK STAR), explained I should be rebooked in first, and she did it!. Flew home no problems.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Would only put me in Biz on KE flight. I argued I was on a purchased first class fare. Wouldn't budge. Had her book to get on flights. Went to agent at checkin in PNS (a TRUE ROCK STAR), explained I should be rebooked in first, and she did it!. Flew home no problems.
Dang! I would love nothing more than to get AA F delayed and switched to Korean Air F!! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.