Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ac/ua/aa yyz-pty $1147.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Ac/ua/aa yyz-pty $1147.

Good Z fares to Panama City from Toronto. Check ITA. Lots of availability in late January, only times I checked.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Interesting. Also seems to be available from YUL
Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Fare Routing Search:
Departing YUL on 22/01/15 for PTY
Fare basis code P0RTAC
Flying AC
Routing via Western Hemisphere

V FARE BASIS     BK    FARE   TRAVEL-TICKET AP  MINMAX  RTG
  1   P0RTAC         P R   796.00        T30OC  -/3  3/ 6M WH01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT                 AUTO PRICE-YES              
FROM-YMQ TO-PTY    CXR-AC    TVL-22JAN15  RULE-BCSA IPRW/5
FARE BASIS-P0RTAC            SPECIAL FARE  DIS-E   VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BX      RT-BUSINESS CLASS EXCURSION
CAD   899.00  0551  E08JUL14 D-INFINITY   FC-P0RTAC  FN-2D   
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 07JUL14/1618  EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG YMQ-PTY/AC551 /TAR-WHRG    EF-08JUL14 DIS-INDEF

/WITHIN THE WESTERN HEMISPHERE/
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
 1. YMQ-YQB-YTO-BOG-CM/AV/AC-PTY
 2. YMQ-YQB-YTO-PTY
Old Oct 28, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
Good Z fares to Panama City from Toronto. Check ITA. Lots of availability in late January, only times I checked.
I'd say that's pretty good as the Y fares usually never get below around $700 IME.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
For the United fare code, it shows the fare code as S (SNN0D9LN), but it books every segment correctly into business as P. Does anyone know if status miles will indeed be credited as P (giving 150%) rather than S (giving 100%). Or am I confusing two different meanings of the letter codes?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Also from YVR $1177

This has been around for a few months (since AC started a new YYZ-PTY direct service)
YVR-YYZ on the 777 with new style 'mini suite', total 13410 AQM for Altitude, plus any bonus basic miles your status might get. For me = 4c/m and a weekend in the sun in the middle of winter to boot.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
AC $1189 YYC-YYZ-PTY, might have to go!
Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:32 am

Are same day turns possible?
The AC website gives a message...
"Flights on this date leave before your previous flight arrives. Please choose another date"

Nesting could be an option is same day turns are possible.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Toronto1970
For the United fare code, it shows the fare code as S (SNN0D9LN), but it books every segment correctly into business as P. Does anyone know if status miles will indeed be credited as P (giving 150%) rather than S (giving 100%). Or am I confusing two different meanings of the letter codes?
These "UP" fares are the source of much confusion and consternation on the United forum. You should receive bonus miles as if it were booked in P. The problems tend to arise in IrrOps and oversales…some agents may think that you don't actually have a business booking and instead should be in Y. Feel free to peruse the many confused threads on this in the United forum
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: black is magic
any chance to get some F segments in?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Thomas_B
any chance to get some F segments in?
I don't understand your question.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Toronto1970
It's an economy fare (S) that books into the front cabin.

It is supposed to accrue miles as an economy fare, but in practice almost always credits as a P (i.e., at 150%). I've bought quite a few of them.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:04 am

Programs: black is magic
From my understanding most routes don't have Business class within the North America, just coach and First. Therefore I can accrue 300% miles on Lufthansa Miles & More, whereas if it's a dedicated business cabin I only get 200% miles on Lufthansa Miles & More. Therefore I prefer a routing with as many "first" instead of "business" segments, even though the product is probably the same.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by Thomas_B
From my understanding most routes don't have Business class within the North America, just coach and First. Therefore I can accrue 300% miles on Lufthansa Miles & More, whereas if it's a dedicated business cabin I only get 200% miles on Lufthansa Miles & More. Therefore I prefer a routing with as many "first" instead of "business" segments, even though the product is probably the same.
At least on United, only routes solely within the US on 2-class aircraft have the cabin up front classified as First. When the exact same metal does a route from the US to/from Canada or Mexico, the cabin is classified as Business.

As for how that maps to Miles & More bonuses, I have no idea.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by tomvancouver
This has been around for a few months (since AC started a new YYZ-PTY direct service)
YVR-YYZ on the 777 with new style 'mini suite', total 13410 AQM for Altitude, plus any bonus basic miles your status might get. For me = 4c/m and a weekend in the sun in the middle of winter to boot.
I couldn't put this together, the route I kept finding was YVR-DEN-PTY on their new service. I'd rather be on AC though because the miles/on board (imo) is going to be better.

How'd you find this? Any ITA search terms I may be forgetting?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:58 am

Easily found on the AC website.
AC only flies YYZ-PTY days 3,5,7

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.