Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 29, 09, 1:22 pm   #1
mkt
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Puerto Rico
Programs: AA PLT; B6 Mosaic; CM/UA 1P; VS Silver; Emerald Club Executive; Europcar Elite VIP, Amex MR
Posts: 3,151
FLL - "TSA Plunders Boy's Disney Toys"

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-b...sney-Toys.html

A choice quote:

Quote:
Edge said she became even angrier when she claims that not long after the TSA officers had confiscated the items, she saw the officers playing with the toy sword and gun.
However, there is a happy ending.

Quote:
The story does have a happy ending. Disney officials sent Jeremiah replacement toys after they heard about the incident.
Disney, you are a class act.
__________________
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
mkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 09, 1:28 pm   #2
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 9,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkt View Post
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-b...sney-Toys.html

A choice quote:



However, there is a happy ending.



Disney, you are a class act.
Perhaps an act that TSA should try emulating.
Boggie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 09, 1:40 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 684
And I am sure that the TSA will take appropriate action against all TSO's involved.
magellan315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 09, 1:44 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NJ
Programs: Retired-CO Former Long-time Plat, Now a Kettle, Hilton Gold (Thanks AMEX)
Posts: 474
Where would the TSA bashers be if he hijacked a toy plane with that toy gun???

All kidding aside, this is certainly not new. I had the same thing happen with my son in 1986. We tried to take the unrealistic "Pirates of the Caribbean" wooden gun through MCO security and were stopped. We were told we had to check it. Luckily, our Peoples Express pilot overheard the conversation and was allowed to take for us. He had to keep it in the cockpit and walk us out of the terminal after our arrival in EWR.
__________________
To conserve energy, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Last edited by GoGiants; Jul 29, 09 at 2:07 pm. Reason: Add info
GoGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 09, 1:50 pm   #5
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Posts: 12,143
I believe MKT has the appropriate response:

10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10

I am interested, however, to see how the TSA blog would address this. In fact, I think I'm going to make a post there now.

Mike
__________________
My new blog for frequent flyer novices. Come learn the basics (and a few intermediate tips) with me here!.
mikeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 09, 1:50 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan315 View Post
And I am sure that the TSA will take appropriate action against all TSO's involved.
Why? This was clearly not the TSA's fault. Stupid people trying to bring toy weapons onto a plane. It is the same reason toy weapons aren't allowed on school campuses. The stupid broad should have put them in their checked baggage. Rules are rules, the fact he has a sad story doesn't make him exempt.

Pfft... I don't even know why this is news.
United737522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 09, 1:51 pm   #7
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Posts: 5,477
If Disney toys are "Realistic Replicas of Firearms" (closest thing on the prohibited items list), then God help you if you have pictures of REAL guns.

Even worse, imagine the consequences of taking video & sound recording of a firearm on board (e.g. most movies).
__________________
My OpenFlights.
ralfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 09, 1:56 pm   #8
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Louisville, KY
Programs: AA, QF, DL, SPG, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Posts: 55,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGiants View Post
Where would the TSA bashers be if he hijacked a toy plane with that toy gun???
Where would all the TSA apologists be if there weren't magic for them to believe in???
__________________
You cannot uphold American ideology with un-American actions. It's time for Change.
Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 09, 2:02 pm   #9
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Posts: 12,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
Where would all the TSA apologists be if there weren't magic for them to believe in???
OMNI P/R.

Mike
__________________
My new blog for frequent flyer novices. Come learn the basics (and a few intermediate tips) with me here!.
mikeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 09, 2:07 pm   #10
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 480
It is a lethal weapon I have seen the damage and DEATH that it has brought and the pain that it has brought to Watch the films, you will see the hurt that it causes TSA you may have saved lives and a plane from crashing to the ground
harpodamann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 09, 2:07 pm   #11
mkt
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Puerto Rico
Programs: AA PLT; B6 Mosaic; CM/UA 1P; VS Silver; Emerald Club Executive; Europcar Elite VIP, Amex MR
Posts: 3,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
Where would all the TSA apologists be if there weren't magic for them to believe in???
Ironic choice of words since Disney saved the day
__________________
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
mkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 09, 2:14 pm   #12
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Louisville, KY
Programs: AA, QF, DL, SPG, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Posts: 55,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpodamann View Post
It is a lethal weapon I have seen the damage and DEATH that it has brought and the pain that it has brought to Watch the films, you will see the hurt that it causes TSA you may have saved lives and a plane from crashing to the ground
I've seen that movie too.... Was it Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle or Cheech and Chong's Up in Smoke?
__________________
You cannot uphold American ideology with un-American actions. It's time for Change.
Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 09, 2:16 pm   #13
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpodamann View Post
It is a lethal weapon I have seen the damage and DEATH that it has brought and the pain that it has brought to Watch the films, you will see the hurt that it causes TSA you may have saved lives and a plane from crashing to the ground
Your sarcasm is really proving your point. (see, more sarcasm)

So what, the rules should just apply to those without cute little faces and family tragedy?
United737522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 09, 2:17 pm   #14
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: FLL
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by United737522 View Post
Your sarcasm is really proving your point. (see, more sarcasm)

So what, the rules should just apply to those without cute little faces and family tragedy?
Ah, badgelicking. Always predictable in this type of discussion.
wildcatlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 09, 2:17 pm   #15
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by United737522 View Post
Why? This was clearly not the TSA's fault. Stupid people trying to bring toy weapons onto a plane. It is the same reason toy weapons aren't allowed on school campuses. The stupid broad should have put them in their checked baggage. Rules are rules, the fact he has a sad story doesn't make him exempt.

Pfft... I don't even know why this is news.
This isn't about the TSO's confiscation of the toys. Its the fact that mother caught them in a public area playing with the toys they confiscated. That's the problem, makes you wonder what else some of these same TSO's may have taken home with them after confiscating them.
magellan315 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:46 am.