Thank You to TSA

Old Jul 15, 2009, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO/DL
Thank You to TSA

Almost 2 months ago, I refused to take any more of TSA's crap and retired from flying whenever possible.

I recently had a doctors visit and since my "retirement" I have lost weight that I needed to loose, the blood pressure is down, and I am not taking antacids like they were candy or water. I have slept better in the last 2 months than I have in years.

So, thank you TSA!

(I wanted to include a smilie that included a one finger salute to TSA, but could not find one), come to think of it the one finger salute could be TSA's new logo
Old Jul 15, 2009, 9:48 pm

Programs: TSA TSO
Originally Posted by RoadVeteran

I recently had a doctors visit and since my "retirement" I have lost weight that I needed to loose, the blood pressure is down, and I am not taking antacids like they were candy or water. I have slept better in the last 2 months than I have in years.

So, thank you TSA!
Your welcome.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 9:50 pm

Sadly, I'm trying to do the same thing.
It's just not fun anymore.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:41 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by gj83
Sadly, I'm trying to do the same thing.
It's just not fun anymore.
+1......and thanks for the update. I'm glad you are doing so well.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I'm not slowing down. I've already flown 160,000 paid miles this year with a bunch more to come. The TSA does not impact my travel decisions.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
Glad there's a silver lining to every dark cloud. Enjoy the slower pace, with Less Bull (tm).
Old Jul 16, 2009, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO/DL
Originally Posted by tom911
I'm not slowing down. I've already flown 160,000 paid miles this year with a bunch more to come. The TSA does not impact my travel decisions.
To each their own , it is a personal choice that each one of us makes and my choice was not to take any more of TSA's bulls*it.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 4:35 am
Suspended

(I wanted to include a smilie that included a one finger salute to TSA, but could not find one), come to think of it the one finger salute could be TSA's new logo
There's a hand statue over at the IRS building in Maryland they can have cheap.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 6:36 am

I'm sorry but how is any of this relevant?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 6:47 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
I've shifted as most of my inter-caribbean travel to smaller GA airports, such as RVR and SIG, as opposed to SJU, so I can arrive 15 minutes prior, carry liquids, and not deal with barkers.

Unfortunately, tomorrow I have to fly out of SJU... ugh.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Almost 2 months ago, I refused to take any more of TSA's crap and retired from flying whenever possible.

So, thank you TSA!

You'd do us all a big favor if you shoot an email to your airline of choice and let them know what you have done and why you have done it.

Thanks,
Mike
Old Jul 27, 2009, 8:49 pm

tsa/tso

thousands standing around, thousands standing obvious, I worked there and quit it is 99.9% idiots with some kinda of power trip they remind me of mall rentacops
they love to belittle the traveler and if it weren't for the traveler they would be out of a job and the upper management is 100% idiots!!!
Old Jul 27, 2009, 10:15 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by crozz
thousands standing around, thousands standing obvious, I worked there and quit it is 99.9% idiots with some kinda of power trip they remind me of mall rentacops
they love to belittle the traveler and if it weren't for the traveler they would be out of a job and the upper management is 100% idiots!!!
Welcome to FlyerTalk and congratulations for seeing the TSA for what it is and for leaving it. ^
Old Jul 28, 2009, 9:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Wow I must be the most relaxed traveller ever. I fly approx. 120K mi per year and all I have to worry about is a slightly elevated cholestrol level (~165). Everything else is still in order (wood knocking).
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:43 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by Spiff
Welcome to FlyerTalk and congratulations for seeing the TSA for what it is and for leaving it. ^

*1 & Welcome to Flyertalk from me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.