Wiki Posts
Search

Insanity reigns supreme in Security

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2009, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Thumbs down Insanity reigns supreme in Security

Could not believe my eyes when I recently saw a Wander skimming the BARE FEET and BARE LOWER LEGS of a middle-aged woman, seated, wearing a blouse & capri (just-below-knees) pants, no footwear. Do these security folks check their brains at the door??
Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:19 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by ruthrr
Do these security folks check their brains at the door??
Yes.

Not a whole lot different than yelling at a 2 year old for crying because she won't walk through the metal detector towards you.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:28 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Gold Medallion
This is just a thought, but perhaps they were doing the wanding because she set off the metal detector, and stated that she had a surgically placed metal plate or pin in her lower leg, ankle, or foot?

But, yes, the entire screening process is ridiculous, regardless.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:37 am

Programs: Holiday Inn Plat NW gold AA gold
Had bare arms patted down even though the magic wand detected nothing on them.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by LilTMD
This is just a thought, but perhaps they were doing the wanding because she set off the metal detector, and stated that she had a surgically placed metal plate or pin in her lower leg, ankle, or foot?

But, yes, the entire screening process is ridiculous, regardless.
So wand the area if the person has a replacement, but what's the point of wanding all the bare skin?

Do they think we're like the Terminator and could be hiding something under our skin?
Old Jun 14, 2009, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ruthrr
Could not believe my eyes when I recently saw a Wander skimming the BARE FEET and BARE LOWER LEGS of a middle-aged woman, seated, wearing a blouse & capri (just-below-knees) pants, no footwear. Do these security folks check their brains at the door??

The very fact that they work for TSA indicates less than normal mental capacity.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 12:44 pm

Come on guys this is simply a case of repetitive motions.

Heck I even do the same thing at work. I don't know how many times a co-worker has set up a job, told the job was ready to run and I still re-set up the job.

Am I stupid? No of course not, it is simply habit.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by Trollkiller
Come on guys this is simply a case of repetitive motions.

Heck I even do the same thing at work. I don't know how many times a co-worker has set up a job, told the job was ready to run and I still re-set up the job.

Am I stupid? No of course not, it is simply habit.
If it's a case of repetitive motions, then their minds on security.

Remember, TSA tells us they're ever vigilant. If they're just going thru the motions out of habit, then they can't be vigilant.

It might be human nature to become complacent over time, but that's the very thing that shouldn't be happening when it comes to security.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 3:07 pm

I've had my bare legs wanded while wearing shorts. I didn't set off an alarm either.

I do the same routines all day long... but I don't look for knee reflexes in an amputee.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mats
I've had my bare legs wanded while wearing shorts. I didn't set off an alarm either.
Same thing happened to me once. While the screener was wanding my bare legs, I said to him, "Do you realize how stupid you look wanding bare skin?"
Old Jun 14, 2009, 3:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Same thing happened to me once. While the screener was wanding my bare legs, I said to him, "Do you realize how stupid you look wanding bare skin?"
What was the response from the screener?
Old Jun 14, 2009, 3:50 pm

Programs: Holiday Inn Plat NW gold AA gold
Originally Posted by halls120
What was the response from the screener?
Shh, don't tell me. Let me guess. "I'm following procedure. Do you want to fly today?"
Old Jun 14, 2009, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
I'm surprised you didn't get hit with a retaliatory secondary for dissing the TSO.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 5:35 pm

So they wand her and the metal detector finds evidence of metal under her areas of bare skin and they ... do what?

Or they wand her and the metal detector doesn't find evidence of metal under her areas of bare skin and they ... do what?
Old Jun 14, 2009, 6:32 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
The very fact that they work for TSA indicates less than normal mental capacity.

That is sure the truth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.