Current passport card wait times

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current passport card wait times

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Has anyone applied for a passport/passport card renewal recently? I express mailed my regular/non rushed application last Tuesday and it was delivered on Wednesday. I see the money order was cashed on Friday, was curious to know when I should expect it. The website seems to indicate that current wait times are shorter than normal and instead of saying the regular 4-6 weeks it states 4 weeks or less...
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Juanefny
Has anyone applied for a passport/passport card renewal recently? I express mailed my regular/non rushed application last Tuesday and it was delivered on Wednesday. I see the money order was cashed on Friday, was curious to know when I should expect it. The website seems to indicate that current wait times are shorter than normal and instead of saying the regular 4-6 weeks it states 4 weeks or less...
I wouldn't be surprised if at least the passport were back by November 12-22, probably closer to the 12th than the 22nd.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:07 pm

I applied: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - will update this when I get the new renewed passport (I also went ahead and got the passport card).

This was a renewal and I saw the check ($140.00) cleared this week.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 6:54 am

My passport application is now at least showing up on the tracking website. It's giving me a locator number, but nothing else.
------------------------------------------------------
So today, 11/14 the application status states that it's in final processing and that I should receive it on or about 11/20

Last edited by Juanefny; Nov 14, 2013 at 7:22 pm
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:47 pm

Just got the passport today.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:37 pm

Just got the passport today.
Just got my passport card today so here's the timeline:
Express Mailed my passport application on 10/29, it was received on 10/30. Check cleared on 11/1. I got passport book on 11/15, old passport on 11/16 and passport card on 11/18.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:04 am

Received: November, 18, 2013

Originally Posted by bowdenj
I applied: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - will update this when I get the new renewed passport (I also went ahead and got the passport card).

This was a renewal and I saw the check ($140.00) cleared this week.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA 1MM
Mailed November 4th
Issued November 19th
Rec'd November 22nd
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Renewed 3 kids passports.

Dropped off at post office July 7.

Received 2 July 26 and the third one today July 29.

All were reissued the same day.

Made me nervous.

Regular renewal.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:00 pm

Feb 19 - Executed an in person application (form DS-11) for the renewal of a passport and the first time issuance of a passport card at a post office that is also a "passport acceptance facility." Paid the expedited service fee and an additional $14.85 to have the fresh passport sent via overnight mail.

Feb 24 - check cleared my bank

Feb 27 - found the application in the online tracking system.

http://travel.state.gov/content/pass...on-status.html

Feb 28 - new passport booklet arrived in the mail. Got the requested 52 page version!

Mar 5 - passport card arrived in mail.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by Epod
Feb 19 - Executed an in person application (form DS-11) for the renewal of a passport and the first time issuance of a passport card at a post office that is also a "passport acceptance facility."
Is there any reason you had to do it person? As long as you have a passport or a passport card that is valid or expired for less than5 years, you can apply for passport booklet and/or passport card by mail (DS-82). Just curious
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by König
Is there any reason you had to do it person? As long as you have a passport or a passport card that is valid or expired for less than5 years, you can apply for passport booklet and/or passport card by mail (DS-82). Just curious
Good catch, and good question. In this case, we had to do it in person because the applicant was 16 years old...eligible for an adult 10 year passport, but 16 and 17 year olds generally have to use the DS-11 "in person" form, with one narrow exception we didn't qualify for.

http://travel.state.gov/content/pass...16-and-17.html
Old Oct 31, 2016, 2:40 pm
mkt
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
As the OP, I'm gonna bump this one up.

I sent my passport book out for renewal, and decided to include my passport card as well, to get them on the same renewal date. This might also be the first passport card renewal experience.

Sent out regular service on 10/26/16.

Now we wait.

----

Update: New documents received on 11/15/2016

Total, 20 days. Not the worst considering there was one federal holiday in the middle.

Last edited by mkt; Nov 15, 2016 at 11:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.