Wiki Posts
Search

Current passport card wait times

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by mkt
patient
Patience is a virtue.....

Do passport cards normally show on the passport status website?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I ordered a passport book renewal in the third week of January and a new passport card at the same time. Didn't pay for expedite. They arrived, under separate cover, on the same day, 19 days after I put the envelope in the mail.

Neither the passport book or the passport card ever showed up on the Department of State's status website.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
I ordered a passport book renewal in the third week of January and a new passport card at the same time. Didn't pay for expedite. They arrived, under separate cover, on the same day, 19 days after I put the envelope in the mail.

Neither the passport book or the passport card ever showed up on the Department of State's status website.
Was that 19 business or calendar days? I'm around 19 days now.

Glad to hear they don't show up the website. Otherwise, I'd start worrying.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 12:26 pm
mkt
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by Rogi
Patience is a virtue.....

Do passport cards normally show on the passport status website?
AFAIK, they do not.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Rogi
Was that 19 business or calendar days? I'm around 19 days now.
19 calendar days.

If you call the information phone number on the State Dept. website, they can tell you where in the process your application is (I called at about day 16 when my info for the passport book did not show up).
Old Apr 10, 2009, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
The application status webpage has been "going thru maintenance" for about 2 weeks now....ridiculous!
Old May 12, 2009, 4:49 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
So is it fair to say that applications for new passports are taking about 3 weeks to process? My Aunt wants to take her grandchild to Europe around June 20th but the passport was only applied for last week. She's hesitant to buy the ticket and then not have the passport arrive in time.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 8:16 am

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
How long it took to get a new passport

Don't know whether this info will help people make a decision about timing, but thought I'd post it.

Went to the post office to get my 3 kids new passports.

The worker there stated new passports were coming in about 2 weeks.

My 3 kids passports came in 20 days. Ordered on a Friday and received on a Thursday.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 12:03 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
processing time has gotten much better and a good discussion over here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ait-times.html

and as i posted in that thread, 14 business days/20 calendar days total which included w/e's and the thanksgiving holeday
Old Sep 7, 2009, 12:50 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by goalie
processing time has gotten much better and a good discussion over here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ait-times.html

and as i posted in that thread, 14 business days/20 calendar days total which included w/e's and the thanksgiving holeday
Thanks for the links. That thread didn't come up in my search.

Mods, if you feel this is better to combine into another thread, have at it.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 12:50 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the discussion in our Travel Safety/Security forum where the more active thread resides cited by goalie. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by Bikeguy
Don't know whether this info will help people make a decision about timing, but thought I'd post it.

Went to the post office to get my 3 kids new passports.

The worker there stated new passports were coming in about 2 weeks.

My 3 kids passports came in 20 days. Ordered on a Friday and received on a Thursday.
Thanks - I think I'm going to request a passport card to use for ID, and need to send in the passport as part of the process (seems stupid to send them their own document, when its still valid)
Old Sep 7, 2009, 1:42 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by GoingAway
Thanks - I think I'm going to request a passport card to use for ID, and need to send in the passport as part of the process (seems stupid to send them their own document, when its still valid)
when does your pp expire as it's best to do them both at the same time. my bad (aka bald moment) was not to do the pp card at the same time i did my pp renewal.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by goalie
when does your pp expire as it's best to do them both at the same time. my bad (aka bald moment) was not to do the pp card at the same time i did my pp renewal.
Renewed recently, so its a standalone request for the card
Old Sep 7, 2009, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GoingAway
If you want to avoid having to send in your current passport, you can apply in person a post office or other passport acceptance facility (you will have to pay the extra $25 (IIRC) execution fee if you do so)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.