Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

How long wait for USA passport renewal these days ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1PP MM
Daughter had to submit hers at Post Office - took two weeks for passport and 3 weeks for passport card.
Old May 29, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Hi there, and recent updates on processing times that you have received? Thanks and Safe Travels..
Old May 30, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Helped my neighbor, I took their photos and helped get them into the format per the website tool, submit their renewals. Took 22 days from mailing priority mail to new passports in hand. That was just last month and though demand supposedly goes up with summer time travel but they seem to be moving at least renewals along pretty quickly.
Old May 30, 2015, 8:12 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

8 weeks and counting but they did question minor's U.S. birth certificate as "non-institutional" birth despite this being a renewal.
Old May 30, 2015, 9:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If all of your paperwork is 100% in order and you aren't a name match for one of the bad guys, count on 4 weeks to be safe (+ mail to/from if that's the route you go).

If you have a basis for expedited processing and are near a Passport Agency, you can obtain a passport on the same day or have it overnighted and have it the next.
Old May 30, 2015, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Two days from drop off to pick up at the Houston Passport Agency for a 52 page book renewal. That was with a trip itinerary three weeks in the future, so I'd imagine quicker turn around is possible.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Bumping an old thread - does anyone have current data for renewing US passports?

A year ago it took 4 weeks for child #1 to receive a new passport using expedited service. Now we need to do child #2.

Per state dept. website :As of October 2, we are processing routine applications in 8-11 weeks, and expedited applications in 5-7 weeks.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/passports/passport-processing-updates.html#:~:text=As%20of%20October%202%2C%20we ,applications%20in%205%2D7%20weeks.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 7:01 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Please refer to the following thread in the USA forum:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.