Wiki Posts
Search

Old Passport was not returned!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2008, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Hyatt PLT, Marriott Silver, National Exec
Old Passport was not returned!

I just recevied my new passport (renewal) and they did not return my old passport. Has anyone had this happen to them and were they successful in getting it back?
Old Aug 30, 2008, 10:52 am

I received my new passport first and then a few days later I got back the old one. Don't panic yet.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Hyatt PLT, Marriott Silver, National Exec
Thanks! I feel better :-)
Old Aug 30, 2008, 10:57 am

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
They tucked a little flyer in with the new passport. If you read the fine print you'll see they send the old passport (and any other documents you had to send in this time) back in a different mailing.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 11:26 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by MKEbound
They tucked a little flyer in with the new passport. If you read the fine print you'll see they send the old passport (and any other documents you had to send in this time) back in a different mailing.
believe it or not, that is actually smart thinking on the part of the gub'ment
Old Aug 30, 2008, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by goalie
believe it or not, that is actually smart thinking on the part of the gub'ment
Oh great. Now my head exploded.

What am I supposed to eat with if I don't have a head???

Old Aug 30, 2008, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by flyinbob
Oh great. Now my head exploded.

What am I supposed to eat with if I don't have a head???

It doesn't seem to have changed your cognitive abilities one way or the other.

Old Aug 30, 2008, 4:59 pm

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by sfogate
I received my new passport first and then a few days later I got back the old one. Don't panic yet.
A friend of mine just got his 1st passport. Passport came, but no birth certificate. A small form was tucked in there saying it may arrive under separate cover - the form also said this applied to other documents like old passports, etc.

Passport arrived on a Saturday
Birth Certificate arrived on Monday.

The incredible thing? He applied for the passport the Friday prior at the post office. 8 calendar day turn-around from the day he applied and paid (cash, converted into postal money order) at the post office counter to receipt of the actual passport.

This was regular service, no express fees or anything paid.

Last year it took me 2 months for my passport to be returned with "additional pages" and I did it express, plus included a return next day air envelope. Last year my mother had to renew her passport and paid the express fee - took two months and only arrived on-time because of intervention from a member of congress.

I couldn't believe it when the new passport had arrived 8 calendar days later. Came from the Charleston, SC, facility, which is the same facility I dealt with.

SDF_Traveler
Old Aug 30, 2008, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA
I applied for a new passport last January at the post office and received it in just under 3 weeks. My birth certificate came in the same envelope as the passport. A co-worker applied for hers a couple of weeks ago and got it in 6 days! A hell of a lot faster than last summer when it took another friend 12 weeks to receive hers. It arrived the day before she left for the Bahamas, which is where she was getting married. these were all processed by the Philadelphia office.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by PHLJJS
I applied for a new passport last January at the post office and received it in just under 3 weeks. My birth certificate came in the same envelope as the passport. A co-worker applied for hers a couple of weeks ago and got it in 6 days! A hell of a lot faster than last summer when it took another friend 12 weeks to receive hers. It arrived the day before she left for the Bahamas, which is where she was getting married. these were all processed by the Philadelphia office.
Seriously, Dude? You haven't get your passports for more than 8 weeks while they are in the processing. Just check it online for every time when you see your passport status. Just go to application status if they are ready for your new passports has been sent into the mails. I certainly remember that I am already recieved my passports from last year while they are in processing is approximated for 4 weeks. I know my passport has been expiration around July 2008 but, I am already reapplies earlier my passports before I am fly out from the countries but, we haven't traveling out of country for a long time.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: United First Card
Thumbs up REturn of old passports

Thanks, for your help. Save me lots (and lots) of time trying to speak with someone at "Passport Services"^
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:31 pm

Angry old passport not returned

Originally Posted by myroyce
thanks, for your help. Save me lots (and lots) of time trying to speak with someone at "passport services"^
i received my new renewed passport by speed post yesterday, but my old passport was not returned to me. I have travelled on it several times, and its got all visa stamps, showing where all ive been. I went to the passport office, but they say we cannot find it. What should i do. Please help. Thanks.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:58 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
as others have reported

the old passport will likely arrive separately.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by tillu
i received my new renewed passport by speed post yesterday, but my old passport was not returned to me. I have travelled on it several times, and its got all visa stamps, showing where all ive been. I went to the passport office, but they say we cannot find it. What should i do. Please help. Thanks.
Just got my renewed passport today (less than 2 weeks turnaround using routine service). My old passport hasn't arrived yet, but the pamphlet included with the new passport said my citizenship documents (i.e. old passport) would be in a separate mailing, so it should be here very soon.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:32 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Give it time. When I renewed my passport earlier this year, I got three separate envelopes:

First, the new passport book (sent Priority Mail)
Second, the new passport card (regular mail)
Third and last, my old passport (regular mail)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.