Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

TSA doing security at SDF Convention Center for Obama tonight

TSA doing security at SDF Convention Center for Obama tonight

Old May 13, 2008, 12:42 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted by Spiff
And they didn't even get that.
^^
Old May 13, 2008, 12:55 pm
Suspended

For fun and to waste some time, I went to the Secret Service website for a quick perusal. Then I clicked on a link to the Department of Homeland Security and got the following warning:

You are now leaving the U. S. Secret Service Website.

The Secret Service does not endorse and makes no warranty as to the accuracy of the information contained within these sites and assumes no liability for damages related to their use.
Old May 13, 2008, 7:03 pm

Programs: NW Gold Elite, DL, HH, Victoria Court Select Member
Originally Posted by doober
For fun and to waste some time, I went to the Secret Service website for a quick perusal. Then I clicked on a link to the Department of Homeland Security and got the following warning:

Quote:
You are now leaving the U. S. Secret Service Website.

The Secret Service does not endorse and makes no warranty as to the accuracy of the information contained within these sites and assumes no liability for damages related to their use.

Nice. Great to see some accountability in government.
Old May 13, 2008, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I wonder who authorized this. If it was the Center itself, they are just plain dumb. If it was Obama who requested it, I will seriously reconsider my support for his candidacy. I'm not kidding.

I emailed the campaign the last time this was reported - they didn't respond with an answer. I will send another message, because I find it odd that this is the second time the TSA was caught trying out their security 'skills' at an Obama event.
The Secret Service asked TSA to conduct screening at campaign events and even some Presidential public appearances to supplement the protection provided by their own officers. This has been going on for a year or so.
Old May 13, 2008, 9:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by PHLJJS
The Secret Service asked TSA to conduct screening at campaign events and even some Presidential public appearances to supplement the protection provided by their own officers. This has been going on for a year or so.
As I wrote up thread, not the brightest move by an agency which should be more careful about these things.

I don't think the Service hires agents who can't spot a bomb unless it's a big ball with Acme stenciled on it.
Old May 14, 2008, 7:29 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
That's what local police officers are for!!!

- Pat
Old May 15, 2008, 1:45 am

Programs: NW Gold Elite, DL, HH, Victoria Court Select Member
What a bad joke. Just a way to slip yet another indignity by the American public. Maybe TSA will start turning up in schools and strip malls. Wouldn't be as bad if they were capable of doing something worthwhile. Valet parking anyone? @:-)

I resent the idea of DHS assigning their TSA cronies to do whatever the agency sees fit. IMO, They are setting a dangerous precedent.

Nothing this worthless agency does surprises me...
Old May 15, 2008, 8:43 am

And I bet they weren't requiring people to remove their shoes or turn over their shampoo, were they?
Old May 15, 2008, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by viking407rob
My thoughts exactly. I hope this doesn't mean Obama is supporting the TSA.
Obama is a big government liberal. Do you really think he won't be supporting an agency that costs that spends $6 billion a year courtesy of the American taxpayer?
Old May 15, 2008, 8:51 am

FWIW, Ron Paul was our only true hope of getting rid of this national pestulance otherwise known as the TSA. I'd hope that anyone who has been a victim of TSA's "services" even once voted for Paul in the primaries.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.