Midget terrorists

Old Apr 20, 2008, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Midget terrorists

Friday, flying out of IAH terminal B, they were doing a secondary on a midget woman, and in the second booth on an amputee. I kid you not. I had to laugh.

Now before the TSA appoligists go ape---Of course there could be midget terrorists, though I've never read of any in the bluepages, and there are valid reasons for secondaries, it just made for a funny site and I thought I would share.

Ciao,
FH
Old Apr 20, 2008, 5:33 pm

Programs: I work for the TSA
I'll bet no one ever thought people with Down's syndrome were a threat to anyone, either!

Crazy world we live in ...
Old Apr 20, 2008, 5:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
I am no apologist for the TSA, and think that the whole security thing is primarily a pointless charade.

However, if you are going to have rules, you should enforce them uniformly (however silly it may seem).

My second biggest beef with the TSA (after the pointlessness of the whole thing) is how utterly inconsistent they are.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 9:03 pm

Programs: AF Plat, SPG Titanium
Originally Posted by oneofthosepeopleyouloveto hate
I'll bet no one ever thought people with Down's syndrome were a threat to anyone, either!

They still aren't. That turned out not to be true.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by oneofthosepeopleyouloveto hate

That was false BTW.

The whole thing is absurd. There actually should be profiling. I see the intel reports and how the profiling works around the world. But sadly American's won't do it, to much litigation worry. Sadly in the US you get what you pay for.

Ciao,
FH
Old Apr 21, 2008, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They often seem to do a secondary on every 3rd or 4th Granny especially if they are in a wheelchair. The whole secondary thing is theater..........time consuming, expensive and unnecessary theater. I wonder how may guns, swords, explosives, WMD are discovered on the secondary.

MisterNice
Old Apr 21, 2008, 7:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
...There actually should be profiling.
Uh huh. So what are your profiling criteria? Dark people?
I see the intel reports and how the profiling works around the world.
What intel reports are you privy to see and what 'around the world' success rate are these reports touting? How many terrorists have been found by profiling, outside of Israel please.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Uh huh. So what are your profiling criteria? Dark people? What intel reports are you privy to see and what 'around the world' success rate are these reports touting? How many terrorists have been found by profiling, outside of Israel please.
Ahh you seem to be one of those people.... Using weak 7th grade American L/D debate tactics to try and make something racial. Nice try kid. Keep the race cards, straw men, house of cards, and other tangents off the post.

I never noted anything about skin colour in profiling. I'm privy to see intel reports from 18 different countries (including yours) on a regular basis that note threats and measures used to defeat them. Profiling has caught "potential" terrorists in Germany, Italy, Japan, Britain, Canada, the USA, Spain, France, Israel and many others.

Other than looking for knives and contra ban if the metal detector went off, 75 year old woman do not need random secondaries. Plenty of countries do security better than the US both via man and machine.

How many wheelchair bound octogenarians have been terrorists please...

Ciao,
FH
Old Apr 21, 2008, 8:51 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC

I never noted anything about skin colour in profiling. I'm privy to see intel reports from 18 different countries (including yours) on a regular basis
Really? In what capacity are you privy to these reports from so many different countries?

Profiling has caught "potential" terrorists in Germany, Italy, Japan, Britain, Canada, the USA, Spain, France, Israel and many others.
Where is the proof?
Old Apr 21, 2008, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Really? In what capacity are you privy to these reports from so many different countries?

Where is the proof?
With one of my jobs, I'm in a capacity dealing with NATO with both US Top Secret SCI/&COL (and others), and NATO TS clearances granted, to see NATO equivalent blue reports (and similar items) on a regular basis. There are real threats; they are not old women. The TSA does a mediocre job at best of providing a front line screening process to impede such threats, especially in a cost effective and customer friendly manner. But I digress

One must ask, What would constitute proof to you? Is this like a trial with rigid standards? Or is hearsay allowed? News articles? You seem to accept that Israel has had success so I will start there, what constituted proof of that for you. Once I know the answer I will see what I can provide. But, alas, as in any work dealing with governments some of it cannot be told to you in specifics. Now this makes it easier for you to resign yourself to the fact that it must be a lie (and I dont advocate believing any government outright-or person for that matter), however, once I know your standards of proof, I will see what I can do to provide you "proof".

And I welcome a real discussion (not just outright "dissing" the TSA with off colour comments and such) with all here on fixing the processes that are broken (IMO). the current mission creep and expanding powers of the TSA amount to no more than a bureaucratic jobs program at worse and feel good window dressing at best for the American public. And I am comparing this to the organisations that existed before. Contrary to popular belief here, there are good folks in the TSA (just one or two ) who should be provided with the proper tools and regulations to carry out a job efficiently and effectively.

Ciao,
FH
Old Apr 21, 2008, 11:18 am

...There are real threats; they are not old women.
I'm sure you can give some solid examples without divulging anything too specific or secret. The 'threats' were to do what? What form? I'd think that if the West was being bombarded by legitimate, repeated threats with a likelihood of real danger, our airports would be under military lockdown by now.
One must ask, What would constitute proof to you?
For now I'd be happy with real examples. A person went to an airport in this country and was caught with, or was plotting to, etc etc. Or, are we just talking about some intelligence *cough* agencies picking up their usual chatter as 'terrorists' boast on their cell phones or emails about doing this or that - knowing full well that their conversations are monitored.

You seem to accept that Israel has had success so I will start there, what constituted proof of that for you.
Israel has had success, but their procedures are simply unworkable in the US (or any other country with multiple airports and a high volume of flights), and their people are 'MBAs' to the TSA's 'pre-schoolers' in the experience department.

Now this makes it easier for you to resign yourself to the fact that it must be a lie (and I dont advocate believing any government outright-or person for that matter), however, once I know your standards of proof, I will see what I can do to provide you "proof".
Not a lie, but not necessarily proof that anything they are detecting is a realistic threat, outside of an electronic boast. Now if someone is arrested at the checkpoint with a bomb strapped to their body, that is a realistic threat. If a bomb was found in a catering cart, that is a realistic threat.

And I welcome a real discussion (not just outright "dissing" the TSA with off color comments and such) with all here on fixing the processes that are broken (IMO).
We've been discussing that very thing here for months, if not years. I will have a website going up soon which will have the problems all spelled out, and our suggested solutions.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 7:08 am

Programs: NW Gold Elite, DL, HH, Victoria Court Select Member
Contrary to popular belief here, there are good folks in the TSA (just one or two ) who should be provided with the proper tools and regulations to carry out a job efficiently and effectively.

Ciao,
FH
Sure, we will grant those powers as soon as the system is restructured so that said power cannot and will not be ABUSED!

If we sacrifice our remaining freedom in the name of security the "terrist" have won anyway. Wouldn't you agree??? (rhetorical) @:-)
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by viking407rob
Sure, we will grant those powers as soon as the system is restructured so that said power cannot and will not be ABUSED!

If we sacrifice our remaining freedom in the name of security the "terrist" have won anyway. Wouldn't you agree??? (rhetorical) @:-)
Where are you getting thus stuff? Who said anything about sacrificing freedom Does anyone know about reading comprehension here.
I noted the current system should be changed to allow for proper checks for prohibited items and said people should be given the proper tools: Like technology to check for guns, bombs, etc to avoid the current TSA carnivale, colour codes, etc. No one said grant the buffoons more blanket power.

Instead of discussing ways to fix the problems, people here resort to the one line platitudes from the 18th century. How about ye work to come up with a proper plan then work to present it to those in charge in a way that will get noticed.
One of my jobs while in America is as a lobbyist. I deal with US politicians. I can tell you they don't care about all your ranting online or even random emails to their website that a lackey will send a form reply to anyway.
Others here have talked about lobbying for travels. Well do it or support the current travel rights groups. Most all of us hate the nonsense. Some are doing more than others to change it.

Ciao,
FH
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:57 am

Programs: AF-PC; UA Plat ; QA Gold; Etihad Gold ; EK Silver; HH Diamond; Accor Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat; Mov G
Where are you getting thus stuff? Who said anything about sacrificing freedom Does anyone know about reading comprehension here.
funniest post ever
Old Apr 22, 2008, 11:12 am

...One must ask, What would constitute proof to you? ...
Still waiting for those examples

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.