TSA at ORD: Passport "scrutiny"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2008, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Ari
Hmmmm . . . .
Not much to "hmmmm" about it when the same thing happened and happens with birth certificates, baptismal records, social security numbers, driver's licenses, school records, etc. too.

Usually -- but not always -- with the use of passports in the manner to which I was referring, it involves use primarily between two or more countries besides the country of passport issuance. Would a DHS-TSA employee be capable to determine such a thing? That begs the question, what are they capable of?!?!?

The flights from Poland to the US -- interestingly enough to Chicago -- are a situation where US passports ended up being used in this illegal manner.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 6:54 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Not much to "hmmmm" about it when the same thing happened and happens with birth certificates, baptismal records, social security numbers, driver's licenses, school records, etc. too.
"Hmmmmm" just means I'm thinking about it.

Would a DHS-TSA employee be capable to determine such a thing? That begs the question, what are they capable of?!?!?
That is precisely what I was thinking about . . . especially the TSA and a local LEO in the context of domestic travel.

The flights from Poland to the US -- interestingly enough to Chicago -- are a situation where US passports ended up being used in this illegal manner.
With our Polish population here in Chicago, it isn't surprising that we would be the destination.

As for my passport-- it contains biometric data. All they have to do is hold it up to my butt and make sure the crease matches and then they will know it is mine.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Ari
"Hmmmmm" just means I'm thinking about it.

That is precisely what I was thinking about . . . especially the TSA and a local LEO in the context of domestic travel.

With our Polish population here in Chicago, it isn't surprising that we would be the destination.

As for my passport-- it contains biometric data. All they have to do is hold it up to my butt and make sure the crease matches and then they will know it is mine.

ROTFLOL ^^ They don't serve beans on the flight ..... hopefully.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 7:07 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ROTFLOL ^^ They don't serve beans on the flight ..... hopefully.
They must. Most airlines have bean counters-- they must be doing something!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.