Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

List of countries where shoes must come off at airport security checkpoints

List of countries where shoes must come off at airport security checkpoints

Old Sep 14, 2022, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Panama
does anybody knows if shoes still need to come off at the PTY security line these days when going from landside to airside?
(i know shoes need to come off during secondary screening at departure gate for US-bound flights)
Old Jan 23, 2024, 8:15 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by gnomey
Panama
does anybody knows if shoes still need to come off at the PTY security line these days when going from landside to airside?
(i know shoes need to come off during secondary screening at departure gate for US-bound flights)
Last time I was there was Oct 2021, but you did have to take your shoes off at the initial security. I don't think I took them off at the gate security (US flights), but did have to dump water. Pretty poor set up with no bathrooms/water in the gatehouse w/o having to go through security again. Surprising in a nice new airport wing.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 1:59 am

This past week, no shoes off at Changi Terminal 4 and KLIA Terminal C, just belts if wearing.
Spiff likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 2:39 pm

No shoes off at DEL/BLR/LHR the past 2 weeks, so long as you had simple sneakers/slip ons.
Spiff likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 6:53 am

Canada can have an asterisk attached: Yes - when flying to the USA (*except Trusted Traveler (NEXUS) members.)

Every time at AMS, shoes had to come of (talking about 2011-2020.) Probably hasn't changed.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by YogiB
Canada can have an asterisk attached: Yes - when flying to the USA (*except Trusted Traveler (NEXUS) members.)
My first flight out of Canada in a few years last December, I was surprised I was allowed to keep shoes on. It seemed like if you had simple sneakers/slip ons it was OK.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 11:03 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Have flown through IST, PRG, BHX, MGQ, AMS, GRU, GIG, AEP, PDP, NAT, REC, MVD, ZRH and FRA in last three weeks.

AMS and MGQ were the only ones that required shoes off. AMS seems to depend on shoe type whilst MGQ requires all shoes off.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 10:44 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
All airports in Egypt require shoes off at the second security checkpoint.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 9:11 am

Any recent flights through ICN? Have a transit security and normal check-in security coming up. Shoes, any crazy liquid/electronics rules?
Old Mar 5, 2024, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by YogiB

Every time at AMS, shoes had to come of (talking about 2011-2020.) Probably hasn't changed.
Shoes have not come off in AMS in many years. Thinking pre-pandemic. No laptops or liquids out for years as well. Smooth sailing if it weren’t for their staffing issues the part few years.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.