Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Backscatter X-Ray at Phoenix is here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2007, 6:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
I literally grieve when I look at what Americans voluntarily put on Myspace and realize that privacy has no future in the United States of America.
Those who post on MySpace, etc., do so voluntarily; they are not be forced or coerced into disclosing any information about themselves, whether in words or pictures.

The TSA, on the other hand, is denying those of use who value privacy, and at the risk of being slammed, even modesty, that very right.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 10:30 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by skAAtinsteph
It will never be mandatory, you will always be able to opt for another form of screening.
Or you will be given the cherished "option" of not flying today.

If I win the lottery, I promise I will present myself at one of these horrendous machines, refuse and then mount a 4th Amendment challenge on both the reasonableness of such a search and the infringment of the security of my person.

Last edited by Wally Bird; Feb 26, 2007 at 10:46 am
Old Feb 26, 2007, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
If I win the lottery, I promise I will present myself at one of these horrendous machines, refuse and then mount a 4th Amendment challenge on both the reasonableness of such a search and the infringment of the security of my person.
i miss the humor? why do you need to win the lottery to do this?
Old Feb 26, 2007, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by red456
Those who post on MySpace, etc., do so voluntarily; they are not be forced or coerced into disclosing any information about themselves, whether in words or pictures.

The TSA, on the other hand, is denying those of use who value privacy, and at the risk of being slammed, even modesty, that very right.

Agreed -- Because of what mind-boggling numbers of people believe is their privacy boundaries -- there are none! (your first paragraph), Gen-X and the Millenias don't think your second paragraph is an issue. That's what's really scary. To boot, Gen-X is already getting into positions of authority.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by rufflesinc
i miss the humor? why do you need to win the lottery to do this?
Send me the name of a lawyer who will represent me pro bono then.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
To boot, Gen-X is already getting into positions of authority.
I may take offense to that....

But you do have a point in that my generation, while we do care about privacy issues, it's not really on the same plane as previous generations. Maybe we have a differen't definition of privacy.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:56 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
On a practical level here. At this point its Terminal 4 checkpoint B. Checkpoints A,C,D can all be used and the moving walkways taken to the B gates. Yoiu can be sure that is what I will be doing in the AM if my flight is out of the B gates tommorrow
Old Feb 27, 2007, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by doober
Today we are being told that the filtered images taken by the backscatter are being immediately destroyed.
The TSA sure knows how to shovel heifer dust at the media! Wait till someone "hot" like Angelina Jolie goes through that thing and the pics spread all over the net.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Peetah
The TSA sure knows how to shovel heifer dust at the media! Wait till someone "hot" like Angelina Jolie goes through that thing and the pics spread all over the net.
Agreed. How long do you think it will take before some unmonitored TSA employee takes a snapshot of the monitor's display and sells it for one or two year's worth of salary?
Old Feb 27, 2007, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Peetah
You mean there are some people who have NOT already seen Angelina Jolie umm... exposed ?

They need to get out more, even just to the video store.

However, if we're taking requests....
Old Feb 27, 2007, 9:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by seat17D
Agreed. How long do you think it will take before some unmonitored TSA employee takes a snapshot of the monitor's display and sells it for one or two year's worth of salary?
It won't even necessarily require clear line of sight to capture such images.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:47 am

Programs: AA Platinum
The monitor is not out in plain view but rather in a separate room the built in PHX for it.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 5:03 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
The monitor is not out in plain view but rather in a separate room the built in PHX for it.
While the monitor may be hidden @ PHX, that's no guarantee it will be the case @ the next airport to get it.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 12:24 am

Guess they don't want any witnesses to see their behavior while watching.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wally Bird
You mean there are some people who have NOT already seen Angelina Jolie umm... exposed ?

They need to get out more, even just to the video store.

However, if we're taking requests....

That's actually a pretty good question. How would silicone show up on one of those things, and how do they address it?

Re-emergence of the fondling here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.