Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

What are the dimensions of a quart-size ziploc bag?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2006, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold

The reason I ask is that I live in Japan, where the Ziploc product labels don't indicate volume, they only indicate dimensions (length and width). So I have no idea which size bag to buy to comply with the silly new security rules for my next trip to the US.

Can anyone here enlighten me?

I appreciate any help!
Old Oct 28, 2006, 6:17 am

Programs: AA, Skymiles, OnePass
There's a sign at DFW

And therefore I am able to tell you that the legal ziploc measures 7.5" x8"
Old Oct 28, 2006, 6:26 am

Programs: UA 1K (2MM)
Happy Bagging

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
The reason I ask is that I live in Japan, where the Ziploc product labels don't indicate volume, they only indicate dimensions (length and width). So I have no idea which size bag to buy to comply with the silly new security rules for my next trip to the US.

Can anyone here enlighten me?

I appreciate any help!
Hi U1,

I did a quick google and found the below link:
http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/..._guidance.shtm

However I have the bag that they gave me in San Diego (same as a couple other U.S. airpors) and the actual dimensions on that are 7.0" by 7.5".

For reference I was using a clear plastic-vinyl pencil-case like bag which was 10" by 5.5" and it was how I got the freebie in SAN.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 7:32 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
fwiw, the dimensions of my glad zip-lock baggie (taken right from the piece of the box i keep inside my baggie are:
1 quart (.95L)
7in x 8in
17.8cm x 20.3cm

so in my case it gives both length & width and volume
Old Oct 29, 2006, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Thanks for the replies!! (I had actually looked at the TSA website but did not notice the picture with the dimensions indicated on it...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.