Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSO line cutting

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2009, 1:20 am
Original Poster

TSO line cutting

On my most recent trip through T4 at JFK, the elite lane was barely moving due to TSOs cutting in immediately before the WTMDs. Since they gave me the extra time, I was watching the employee lane and didn't see a single TSO go through (of course, I could have just missed it). When I was finally about to push my bins into the xray, another TSO physically blocked my bins to jump in front of me. Before I could say anything, he shoved his id card in my face and went to the WTMD.

After clearing security, I asked the manager why such rude behavior is allowed and why they weren't using the employee lane. He asked me, "Who is running this checkpoint? And who do the employees work for?" In return, I asked for a feedback form, to which he responded, "Why?" and proceeded to make a huge deal of searching for one. Needless to say, I'm still waiting for my canned response.

Are TSO employees not supposed to use the employee security lane, which I would understand since AA sets up the various lanes? Either way, would it kill them to say things such as "please" and "excuse me"?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 3:45 am

Wirelessly posted (HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

in CLT they just go through the exit.

I've never seen a tso in clt get screened.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 6:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by osmodion
On my most recent trip through T4 at JFK, the elite lane was barely moving due to TSOs cutting in immediately before the WTMDs. Since they gave me the extra time, I was watching the employee lane and didn't see a single TSO go through (of course, I could have just missed it). When I was finally about to push my bins into the xray, another TSO physically blocked my bins to jump in front of me. Before I could say anything, he shoved his id card in my face and went to the WTMD.

After clearing security, I asked the manager why such rude behavior is allowed and why they weren't using the employee lane. He asked me, "Who is running this checkpoint? And who do the employees work for?" In return, I asked for a feedback form, to which he responded, "Why?" and proceeded to make a huge deal of searching for one. Needless to say, I'm still waiting for my canned response.

Are TSO employees not supposed to use the employee security lane, which I would understand since AA sets up the various lanes? Either way, would it kill them to say things such as "please" and "excuse me"?
And our friends from TSA who post here wonder why their agency is held in such low esteem.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC

After clearing security, I asked the manager why such rude behavior is allowed and why they weren't using the employee lane. He asked me, "Who is running this checkpoint? And who do the employees work for?"
I hope you told them that the employees work for you, the taxpayer.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Once again, winning the hearts and minds of the traveling public.

Nice job, TSA.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 8:31 am

I never knew employee lanes even existed. Are there that many extra TSOs floating around T4?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As stated by TSORon on another thread; "The TSA goes a long way out of its way to work with the public. To provide a level of compassion in the screening process that is compatible with the requirement for security."

So remember, we should be thankful for all TSA does for us mere citizens.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 9:29 am

Some animals are more equal than other animals - George Orwell, Animal Farm
Old Jul 13, 2009, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by magellan315
We have a winner!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 5:32 pm
Suspended

This is what happens when you hand power to people who don't deserve it and can't handle it.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 6:11 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought TSO's aren't screened on their way to work . . . were they traveling that day? Why were they being screened?
Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ari
I thought TSO's aren't screened on their way to work . . . were they traveling that day? Why were they being screened?
None of them were wearing their smurf uniforms, but they all had badges dangling from their necks.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Living the dream in Antigua and the nightmare in Florida
Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, *A Gold, WN detractor
Reinforcing the notion that many TSA'ers are the equivalent of talking farm animals.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 1:12 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

None of them were wearing their smurf uniforms, but they all had badges dangling from their necks.
Then they should not have been cutting in line. I would have politely rejected any attempt to push me aside.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by SJCFlyerLG
Reinforcing the notion that many TSA'ers are the equivalent of talking farm animals.
Possibly gray parrots are smarter. I was talking to a couple who have one- it teases the dog by imitating the doorbell, starts conversations between the couple when they are at opposite ends of their house by mimicking both of their voices. If not more intelligent that the average TSO, at least the parrot has a sense of humor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.