Wiki Posts
Search

Forgot to turn in Form 6059B

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Forgot to turn in Form 6059B

Hi all,

My mom came to the States yesterday and I just found out she forgot to turn in the customs declaration form 6059B. Will this be a problem?

Thanks,
Zengdi
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:47 pm

No. Unless she somehow managed to skirt passport control too. Did she use a kiosk when she entered? if so the form she filled out on the plane wasn't necessary anyways.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:35 am

And if she's a US citizen who cares about passport control as well
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iamflyer
No. Unless she somehow managed to skirt passport control too. Did she use a kiosk when she entered? if so the form she filled out on the plane wasn't necessary anyways.
Good morning iamflyer,

Thanks for your response. She of course went through the passport control lol. The officer checked her form 6059B and gave it back to her. I remember there is a box to drop the form at the custom but she didn't see it and took the form with her. I don't think she used a kiosk. Hope that gives you more info. Personally I think it may not be a problem but just want to make sure.

Thanks,
Zengdi
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cafeconleche
And if she's a US citizen who cares about passport control as well
haha thanks for your response but she's not a US citizen that's why I'm concerned.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
6059B is the blue customs declaration form that itemizes what you are bringing into the country. Once you're past the exit of the customs door, the form has no relevance whether US or non-US citizen - you're "in" the country.

As a foreign passport holder, any immigration-related forms are of course very important. The 6059B CUSTOMS form is not relevant once anyone has been admitted to the US.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Did she use a kiosk? They don't need the customs form if a kiosk was used.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by reclusive46
Did she use a kiosk? They don't need the customs form if a kiosk was used.
The OP already said she did not use a kiosk. I wouldn't worry about it though
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:40 am

Forgot to fill out 6059B or kiosk

Hello,

i landed at jfk last night and didn’t get to fill out the 6095B customs form. I was expecting it to be handed in the plane which they didn’t and I wasn’t even aware that there were kiosks for it. I was hoping to pick it up while in line but ended up just having my passport checked and passing through (the officer didn’t ask for it either). So I basically only went through only passport control and left.

Am am I in trouble?

Im not a citizen and I did provide my US address at security when I boarded in Istanbul. I wasn’t carrying any food or other declarable items.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: Delta, United
Welcome to FT,

No you are fine, some airports are now doing more of an expedited immigration/customs (something new to me as US citizen as well). If you had nothing to declare then you are fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.