Countries allowing skateboard as carry-ons [LIST]

Subscribe
I quite often carry my skateboard with me. I find it rather annoying that it is so inconsistent depending on where in the world you are. With LCC bag fees sometimes being more than the ticket itself it can be hard to justify bringing a board (even though it is within carry-on allowance), only to have to check it due to security reasons.

I'd love if other travellers with skateboards could share their experience. Here is mine:

Colombia: Allowed (BOG), Not allowed (SMR)
Cyprus: Allowed (LCA)
Greece: Allowed (ATH, SKG)
Hungary: Not allowed (BUD); managed to talk my way through it once (after being asked for a bribe); denied the second time.
Israel: Allowed (TLV)
Sweden: Allowed (ARN, GOT)
Turkey: Not allowed (IST); skateboards specifically not allowed in carry-on according to written legislation
U.S.: Allowed (JFK)
Ukraine: Allowed (HRK)
Shouldn't this be airlines and not countries? I would imagine that this is airline-specific.
Quote: Shouldn't this be airlines and not countries? I would imagine that this is airline-specific.
No, I am talking about going through security. It is easy to contact an airline to know if you're allowed to carry-on or not, but security regulations are where problems arise.
OK, I'll bite. Why would security prohibit a skateboard? Is it considered a weapon in some places?
Quote: OK, I'll bite. Why would security prohibit a skateboard? Is it considered a weapon in some places?
Yes, that's how the logic would be. In Budapest, for example, when I questioned them, they ended up claiming that the kingpin of the skateboard trucks would be a sharp object and thus not allowed according to EU regulations claiming it was a "sharp object". Obviously not how any lawyer would interpret the rules, but trying to argue with them was useless.

In Turkey, I was clearly shown the regulations/laws stating that skateboards were not allowed as carry-on.

To further complicate facts, I was recently allowed to have it as a carry-on in Bogota, Colombia. A country I was previously denied carrying it with me.