Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

found someone's US passsport in airport remote parking lot & I dropped it in mailbox?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

found someone's US passsport in airport remote parking lot & I dropped it in mailbox?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2017, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
I found a wallet in a hotel. There was cash inside. I called Amex who agreed to call the owner and tell them that their Amex was cancelled but refused to listen to where the wallet was located (I tried to tell Amex). The person eventually came back to the hotel lobby to retrieve it.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:01 am

Some years back in a hotel in Vienna, I found a passport in the room safe when I checked in. Called the desk and asked if the named person had just checked out and was told she had. I left the passport with the front desk figuring that if she noticed her passport was missing, the first thing she'd probably do is contact the hotel and ask them if it was turned in, or to look in the safe for it.

The passport was not from Austria, so probably belonged to a traveler who could need it to take a flight. I figured turning it in to the hotel was probably better than turning it in to the police.
essxjay likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Twice upon a time, I have found and returned passports. The first was was ~20 years ago in a rental car. I returned it to the counter in the hope that the guy would realize he had left it under the visor before he caught his flight back to Argentina.

The second time was easy. I was transiting SVO and the woman (Russian national) in front of me left her passport (of all things) in the bin. I was able to get her attention before she got to the elevator and thus saved her what, undoubtedly would have been a lot of hassle - for anyone who has dealt with the Russian bureaucracy before - and agita.

O/H
Counsellor likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: UA,AA,USAir,Cont
Dulles mail facility

That address is part of the offical US government mail system which serves the diplomatic corps as well as other officila agencies. "Dulles Pl" serves Dulles AP, Kiev Pl serves the US Embassy in Kiev, Ukarine. All offical mail is collected at that zip code facility and distributed through offical channels from there.

of
Originally Posted by MrWilliamston
holy cow! that's where I found the passport... Dulles Airport
although I'm pretty sure any US govt address with 20189 zip code isn't actually located at Dulles, VA. It's just the post office's zip code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.