Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Middlename and Last Name Together

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2017, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Middlename and Last Name Together

Hi everyone! Just wanted to ask if anyone has encountered this situation. I booked airline tickets and for example my name is: FIRST NAME: ROSE MIDDLENAME: BLUE SURNAME: BERRY.
In my booking I placed my middlename and surname together in the box for the surname. So it appears as: BLUEBERRY/ROSE instead of BERRY/ROSEBLUE. I contacted air canada on their twitter account and said all is good and no problem. But i recently had a friend tell me that on a different airline they were denied boarding because in their boarding passes, only the middlename and furst name appeared. So they paid usd25 for name change
Old May 13, 2017, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by rychellatravel
Hi everyone! Just wanted to ask if anyone has encountered this situation. I booked airline tickets and for example my name is: FIRST NAME: ROSE MIDDLENAME: BLUE SURNAME: BERRY.
In my booking I placed my middlename and surname together in the box for the surname. So it appears as: BLUEBERRY/ROSE instead of BERRY/ROSEBLUE. I contacted air canada on their twitter account and said all is good and no problem. But i recently had a friend tell me that on a different airline they were denied boarding because in their boarding passes, only the middlename and furst name appeared. So they paid usd25 for name change
That issue has happened to me several times, but I personally have not had an issue at the airport.
Old May 13, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Had it this week - not a problem at all - as long as names match to the passport up you are fine.
Old May 13, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Very common. You shouldn't have any problems.
Old May 13, 2017, 8:38 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Please follow the discussion as it moves to the Travel Safety and Security forum.
Old May 13, 2017, 5:35 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Take a look at this thread:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.