Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

New TSA policy requires candy, ipad and phone in bins?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Sadly no longer platinum with anyone. Plain old Delta Skymiles member and Marriott Rewards member

Flew out of Lubbock yesterday and was told my phone and iPad could not be in carry on. Had to put food items in one bin, electronic items in another, clothing items in another and shoes could not be in a bin. I asked him what his deal was with the new rules he made up, he said its new TSA rules in affect beginning in July and airports are slowly rolling them into place to prepare travelers.

I find absolutely nothing through google about these changes.

Anyone know if dude was on a power trip or if this is legit.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:35 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
These topics are already being discussed in the following threads:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.