Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

TSA 3-1-1 Rule - Must all Contents be Visible? Labeled?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA 3-1-1 Rule - Must all Contents be Visible? Labeled?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2016, 3:15 pm

Are we still supposed to be using freedom bags and taking them out? I haven't done that in years.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maniac78
Are we still supposed to be using freedom bags and taking them out? I haven't done that in years.
Use the bag, yes. Taking it out doesn't seem necessary anymore. Nobody has said anything when they fished it out while looking for something else.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: LH M+M
Last time MANchester: put your lighter from carry-on into 3-1-1, it contains liquids.
(the second - oh illegal - lighter in the jacket was not complained about)

On the size part: there are more cubic ones around which fit a lot of stuff and also stand upright on their own on the bathroom tables. Alas I cram just everything (incl blister-strips, floss, ..) into that.
Mixed refilled/non-labeled and several totally blocked from sight.

Put seperately on the belt, never had a second look.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by maniac78
Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
Use the bag, yes. Taking it out doesn't seem necessary anymore. Nobody has said anything when they fished it out while looking for something else.
I generally have not removed the freedom bags for years, except for smaller stations where they explicitly ask, and ask again, if you've removed your bag. Then you need to make a show of taking it out.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP
I travel with a double-wide dopp kit in the my carry on and before I got precheck a few months back I always removed it from my luggage and placed it in a bin to go through the x-ray. The liquids in my kit were always under 100 ml but the combined total of all of my toiletries definitely would never have fit in a bag but on over 150 flights around the country I never had an issue!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.