Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

PreCheck Lanes Operating Hours

Old Nov 19, 2016, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
In an effort to keep track of the TSA's PreCheck Lines, please report your experiences here. Also help by posting the airport and AskTSA's responses at a corresponding airport as well.

If your airport is missing from this list, feel free to add it. The suggested format will be as follows:
Checkpoint / MM.DD.YYYY / Time / Open Or Closed /If closed, did you receive any expedited screening?

Ex. MSP
T1 South / 06.24.2016 / 4:00 / Closed / No, Standard Screening

Thanks for your help, let's make security predictable again.

__________________________________________________ _______________

*Please note, this list is WIP. Thanks for your patience

Maine
Augusta State Airport (AUG)
Bangor International Airport (BGR)
Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport (BHB)
Knox County Regional Airport (RKD)
Portland International Jetport (PWM)

Massachusetts
Barnstable Municipal Airport (HYA)
Logan International Airport (BOS)
Martha's Vineyard Airport (MVY)
Nantucket Memorial Airport (ACK)
Provincetown Municipal Airport (PVC)

Michigan

Bishop International Airport (FNT)
Capital Region International Airport (LAN)
Cherry Capital Airport (TVC)
Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW)
Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR)
MBS International Airport (MBS)

Minnesota
Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport (BRD)
Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP)
AskTSA: 5AM-9PM; Both Checkpoints
@MSPAirport: 4:30AM-9PM; Both Checkpoints

St. Cloud Regional Airport (STC)

Missouri
Cape Girardeau Regional Airport (CGI)
Kansas City International Airport (MCI)
Kirksville Regional Airport (IRK)
Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (STL)
Springfield-Branson National Airport (SGF)

Montana

Billings Logan International Airport (BIL)
Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport (BZN)
Dawson Community Airport (GDV)
Glacier Park International Airport (FCA)
Glasgow International Airport (GGW)
Havre City-County Airport (HVR)
L. M. Clayton Airport (OLF)
Sidney-Richland Municipal Airport (SDY)

North Dakota
Bismarck Municipal Airport (BIS)
Grand Forks International Airport-Mark Andrews Field (GFK)
Hector International Airport (FAR)
Minot International Airport (MOT)
Print Wikipost

PreCheck Lanes Operating Hours

Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DemonDeacon
The closing of PreCheck lines is ridiculous in the first place. Last week at ATL, the PreCheck line closed at 9 pm and going through security at 9:15 there were no fewer than 20 PreCheck eligible pax pissed off that they had to go through the standard screening.

It's not like if they left it open they would have nobody to go through it, all sorts of flights leave ATL after 9 pm
In my experience, they typically will give you precheck light in those instances.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:45 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, UA, AA ExPlat, AS, HHonors Diamond, Avis Preferred, Marriott, Priority Pass
I have a 1700 flight on AS from terminal 1 on Monday at SLC. Does anyone know if the pre check lane will be open. Or should walk to terminal 2. Thank you.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, UA, AA ExPlat, AS, HHonors Diamond, Avis Preferred, Marriott, Priority Pass
Want to provide an update. I arrived at SLC at 1400. TSA precheck lane was opened.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:42 pm

I encountered a closed precheck line this week for the first time, JFK T8 (AA's terminal), around 8.30pm. I was directed to a slow-moving "priority" line and did not have to unshoe as long as brandished my boarding pass but had to unpack my electronics and liquids.

It certainly takes the gloss off the program if lane closures are going to increase.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 4:31 am

Any way to check on pre-check availability prior to arriving at airport?

This is the fourth time in a week that I've shown up to an airport and discovered the pre-check line closed. This is definitely happening a lot more frequently and it's super annoying to have zero way of planning your travel. This has been at SEA twice, JFK, and BOS. There HAS to be some way to check availability of precheck lanes at an airport and terminal. Anyone in the know?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by southiechics
This is the fourth time in a week that I've shown up to an airport and discovered the pre-check line closed. This is definitely happening a lot more frequently and it's super annoying to have zero way of planning your travel. This has been at SEA twice, JFK, and BOS. There HAS to be some way to check availability of precheck lanes at an airport and terminal. Anyone in the know?
Are you getting "expedited screening" in regular lanes or are you being told "no, we don't do that here"?

<deleted by moderator>

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 19, 2016 at 9:14 am Reason: Policy debate, not practical advice/information
Old Aug 19, 2016, 9:13 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note:

The Trusted Travelers forum is for discussing practical advice and information relevant to the various Trusted Traveler programs.

Policy discussions, including opinions about the cost of applying, belong in the Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate forum.

Thank you,

TWA884
Co-moderator, Travel Safety/Security
Old Aug 19, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Usually the central checkpoint in Seattle has pre all day long, but one recent trip didn't. I then walked over to the delta/united checkpoint, and pre was open (whereas it often isn't when I go there in the afternoon). It's usually worth checking multiple checkpoints.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
SEA is one of the airports that actually publishes the checkpoint times:
Checkpoint Hours
*Hours subject to change based on TSA operations
#1 - Fri., Sat., & Sun, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (for cruise passengers only)
#2 - 4:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
#3 - 24 hours
#4 - 4:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
#5 - 4:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.

Checkpoint 1 is the very south end of the airport, three is the main one that opens onto the main food court, 5 is the one at the very north end. If you walk into the terminal from the garage (or shuttle service) at the north end you will now see on the arrival/departure board a new screen that now shows the wait times each checkpoint.

I havent checked other airports, but that is where I would look to see if they are open. I know that at SEA even if I am flying out of the N terminal I always go through checkpoint 3. (btw, they moved Pre to the north side of checkpoint 3 now instead of at the south side) Three is generally faster for precheck.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 3:24 pm

TSA Pre at LAX Closes at 8 PM - Is This Normal?

I was flying out of LAX (Southwest) last Sunday. TSA Pre was closed, and I was told that it closed at 8 PM.

Is this the normal closing time? Seems very early, lots of packed end-of-weekend flights departing.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:32 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Normal for JFK/LGA
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Unfortunately, it is the new normal. There should still be a "Pre Light" where you must remove your laptop & 3-1-1 bag, but not your shoes & coat.

Every time this occurs, make a point of sending a short note to the DHS Inspector General (not TSA, but DHS) on its webform. Make it short & sweet and non-abusive. Simply state that it is "waste, fraud & abuse" (the language of the IG Act) to advertise Pre-Check and then not make it available at times of the day when it is clearly needed. Ask that the IG conduct an investigation at the specific airport and concourse at the specific time of day.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Often1
Unfortunately, it is the new normal. There should still be a "Pre Light" where you must remove your laptop & 3-1-1 bag, but not your shoes & coat.

Every time this occurs, make a point of sending a short note to the DHS Inspector General (not TSA, but DHS) on its webform. Make it short & sweet and non-abusive. Simply state that it is "waste, fraud & abuse" (the language of the IG Act) to advertise Pre-Check and then not make it available at times of the day when it is clearly needed. Ask that the IG conduct an investigation at the specific airport and concourse at the specific time of day.
Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General:

Report Corruption, Fraud, Waste, Abuse, Mismanagement or Misconduct

Call:
1-800-323-8603 toll free

TTY:
1-844-889-4357 toll free

Fax:
202-254-4297

U.S. Mail:
DHS Office of Inspector General/MAIL STOP 0305
Attn: Office of Investigations - Hotline
245 Murray Lane SW
Washington, DC 20528-0305

Allegation Form:
Report Corruption, Waste, Fraud, Abuse, Mismanagement and Misconduct
to the Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General
Old Sep 29, 2016, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Often1

For once I agree with you, especially the part about filing with DHS rather than TSA, were doing so is an exercise in futility. ALL complaints regarding anything TSA should be filed with DHS.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 9:44 am

Interestingly, there is no (official) list that I can find on the web that lists TSA Pre locations along with hours of operation. I did find this unofficial list here: http://i.slimg.com/sc/aw/photo/t/ts/...date_chart.pdf - which says that the Southwest TSA Pre checkpoint is open until 11:00 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.