Wiki Posts
Search

Dual US and German citizen entering Canada with federal felony arrest record

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Dual US and German citizen entering Canada with federal felony arrest record

Im not sure where this should go, or even if its applicable to this forum but Ill ask anyway.

I have a DEA arrest on my record, conspiracy to distribute narcotics. However, no conviction via a type of deferred prosecution. My NCIC record will be expunged in a few years assuming I keep from trouble, this I have from the USAO.

I have dual citizenship with USA and Germany.

Three questions. Can I get into Canada with my current record? (Just the arrest and usao agreement)

If not, will I be able to get into Canada after my NCIC record is destroyed?

Last question is does a US criminal record show up when using the passport of the other country?

--------

And if I can ask one more, will my current record make me a much more likely candidate for SSSS on domestic flights? I have some business trips coming up for work soon and was just curious (though I'll find out soon enough).

Thank you.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Canadian authorities access NCIC and will therefore have access to the fact of your US federal arrest, no matter what your citizenship or travel documents.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Yes they'll be able to see it. I believe until you complete the probationary period and that X time has passed that you can't even apply for a visa to enter Canada. I think it's 5 or 10 years post conviction or end of deferred prosecution, even if it's being expunged. You'll still have to answer yes to any countries question of have you ever been convicted of a crime. If they access the US NCIC they'll see the record and deferred prosecution counts.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 3:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

That's the thing though flyerCO, I wasn't convicted. It's a diversion agreement with a dismissal, but from what you're saying it may not even matter in terms of boarder entry.

On NCIC now, the charge is shown as dismissed. I'm just waiting the term until my NCIC records are expunged, per the agreement with the USAO.

Thank you for taking the time to answer.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
I would check this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...lity/index.asp

It mentions convictions, but not dismissals. If your situation is not covered, contact Immigration Canada at the nearest consulate.
--
13F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.