Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Supplements/rogaine checked luggage

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Supplements/rogaine checked luggage

Im going away for an extended period of time and wonder if i can bring like 30 bottles in supplements, 500g powder and 9mo use of rogaine and like 10 bottles of a special shampoo in my checked luggage without problems?

Going to bangkok first if that matters.

Thanks
Old Aug 23, 2016, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fredster123
Im going away for an extended period of time and wonder if i can bring like 30 bottles in supplements, 500g powder and 9mo use of rogaine and like 10 bottles of a special shampoo in my checked luggage without problems?

Going to bangkok first if that matters.

Thanks
Long ago we did something similar--a year's worth of medicine in our bags. We did have a letter from the doctor about it, though. (It was a year before we set foot in the US again.) Nobody ever gave it a second glance, we never pulled out the letter.

Personally I have traveled with in excess of 10kg of powder, all in factory-sealed packaging and I have traveled with ~100g of unlabeled powder that never got looked at. (I'm not aware of any commercial source, I have to buy all the components and mix it myself.)
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Check on the regulations of your intended destinations - I'm aware of strict UAE rules (on what are mostly prescription drugs in the US, not unregulated supplements), and while they are not often enforced, an American with a one-day layover in DXB got caught and arrested this past January, with a prohibited drug for which he had a prescription.

Nutritional supplements are probably a different story, especially if in original commercial packaging, but what's prescription in one country is non-prescription in another and v.v.

The UAE regs are on the website of their Ministry of Health IIRC; state.gov may have links to other countries' information on its info for travelers pages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.