Wiki Posts
Search

TSA lines Two Travelers, only one has status

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium
TSA lines Two Travelers, only one has status

SEA is warning of hundreds of people a day missing flights due to too long TSA lines of over two hours.

Mrs 925 has status and can side-step the long line. But she is traveling with Adult Daughter who doesn't have status. They don't want to separate. Can they both go thru the short line together? Or will they both have to endure the long line?
Old Apr 27, 2016, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Also, they are traveling on Alaska. But the status is on United. Does that change things?
Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Originally Posted by 925
Also, they are traveling on Alaska. But the status is on United. Does that change things?
Is they are flying on Alaska, why does United status matter
Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
As I read it, neither passenger has access to the priority lane.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by 925
Yes.

In order to use the SEA elite lane, your boarding pass must have elite status on the airline you are flying that day. That is what the checker will be looking for.

Since they're flying on AS, their UA status means nothing. Their AS boarding passes will not show elite status and they won't be allowed to use the line.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:52 am
Original Poster

I accept the advice and appreciate the responses.

In the past, a boarding pass and a plastic card showing elite status on ANY airline has ALWAYS gotten me through the SEA TSA elite line. But apparently things have changed. And that was why I was asking.

Thanks to all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.