Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Apple Watch and passing through security -- Your experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Apple Watch and passing through security -- Your experiences

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2016, 2:08 am
haa

Programs: No more status, free agent now
Originally Posted by abcusa
I have done some research and it seems like there is a bit of a gray area on this one. Some say they've passed through security without taking off the Apple Watch, some say they set off the alarm.
I travel with Apple watch (and other electronics in pockets). You never know if it is going to beep or they will later ask to remove it, which can be a hassle.

I just pack everything from my pockets and the watch into my carryon side pocket (summer) or jacket pocket (winter) while waiting on line for the security check, and then I know it is not going to be an issue.

After a few times, it all becomes routine and doesn't require much thinking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.