Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

ID theft and fraud - tickets purchased on Orbitz with my card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ID theft and fraud - tickets purchased on Orbitz with my card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2016, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy ID theft and fraud - tickets purchased on Orbitz with my card

I was the victim of ID theft big time. Someone used my card(stolen) and charged 2 tickets on it. Since it was done in my name, I want to access the names on those tickets and given it to the fraud division of the local police. I have tried contacting Orbitz but no response. The overseas personnel were not helpful at all. They kept asking me for the confirmation number and then stated they had no record of the purchases. I told them, if I didn't make the purchases how would I know what the confirmation number was. Frustrating.
Orbitz, is it that much to request the thieves names since I paid for those tickets. This is part of their customer service. I feel like going to the small claims court and get Orbitz to show up in court and at least give me that information.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:58 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Hi, and welcome to FlyerTalk.

This is sad, but it's not pertinent to our Technical Support and Feedback forum. I'll forward this on, with a trailing link, to a more appropriate forum for input and comment.

I suspect your credit card issuer would be the lace to take this; they can charge back and contact Orbitz for further possible actions.

JDiver, Moderator, Technical Support and Feedback forum
Old Mar 27, 2016, 2:00 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by al. gomes
I was the victim of ID theft big time. Someone used my card(stolen) and charged 2 tickets on it. Since it was done in my name, I want to access the names on those tickets and given it to the fraud division of the local police. I have tried contacting Orbitz but no response. The overseas personnel were not helpful at all. They kept asking me for the confirmation number and then stated they had no record of the purchases. I told them, if I didn't make the purchases how would I know what the confirmation number was. Frustrating.
Orbitz, is it that much to request the thieves names since I paid for those tickets. This is part of their customer service. I feel like going to the small claims court and get Orbitz to show up in court and at least give me that information.
Which company was the issuer of the card charged, what type of card was it, and in which country was the card account based?

It's rather common for card companies in the US to be able to access some of the information about airline ticket charges -- including ticket number and at least partial name of a ticketed passenger. I would work with the card company to get the info.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 7:52 am
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
Have you checked your credit card statement online? Whenever I've bought a ticket including from Orbitz it always appears over several lines like such:
Code:
(authorization number) (airline) (ticket number) (billing city/state)  $xxxx.xx
(date) (last name)/(first name)
1 XX Y AAA BBB
2 XX Y BBB CCC
and so on for every segment, where the XX is airline, Y is fare code, AAA BBB CCC are cities or airport codes.

It won't get you the PNR (record locator) but you can get the name and ticket number which should be enough to enquire further with Orbitz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.