Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Carry On Personal Lubricant Question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2015, 11:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I will be flying without a checked bag and thus only a carry on. I would like to know is there any issues with packing a lot of condoms? The place where i go to doesn't have those certain condoms and thus thats why i will be bringing a lot with me.

Also i do have one personal lubricant but its in a condom size package if you will. Would that be any issue? Basically imagine it being like those small wipes thats in a very small package that you tear.

The thing is I don't believe i will have any issues with my condoms. However, what about the one personal lubricant thats basically in a condom size package. Its basically like a small sample if you will. Would i have any issues with this? Would i need to put this with my zip lock bag or it could be mixed with my condoms.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Put the lube in your zip lock. It's a liquid.

As for the condoms, probably not going to raise any eyebrows unless you get chosen for a search on entry, and then it would be your destination's customs which might wonder what you're up to, not TSA.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:14 am

I always have a couple of hotel-issue packets of toothpaste in my carry-on, no ziplock, no hassle.

I think the amount of liquid is negligible.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:15 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Hi. The thing is the lube is basically a sampler. Its not in a bottle. So it still has to go in the zip lock? Basically its in the same size package as with a condom.

As for the condoms, some of them have some lube obviously. But that shouldn't be any issue at all right since well most condoms have lube?

Thank you.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Dude, why the hell would you even think twice about this? Put your liquids in the ziplock. Or do you WANT to risk your lube showing up on their handy dandy scanners and getting delayed at TSA? Then they may find your gross o' rubbers. No-brainer, dude.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:04 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
No issue. Put the lubricant packet in your 1 quart ziplock liquids bag with any other liquids and it will probably not get a second's glance.
I would put the condoms, if not in original container, in a ziplock bag also so they stay organized in your bag. Under X-ray it could look odd causing inspection so no need to have your bag ripped through if it's right on top.

If an TSO does decide to be a prick and question you just say the lubricant is a personal medical item and the condoms are rather self explanatory.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm having a hard time seeing how condoms and lubricant can be considered to be travel products, but I guess that depends on the purpose of one's travel........

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Oct 27, 2015 at 1:34 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 20, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Is this a serious question? I thought the average FlyerTalker just used their personality for birth control.

Last edited by essxjay; Oct 20, 2015 at 7:37 pm
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Several years ago, I seem to recall the TSA clerks harassing and calling the cops on a woman discovered to have a lot of condoms in her carryon. She was guilty of the pre-crime of prostitution.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
If it is the same case I am thinking of that was CBP not TSA. Still stupid but just wanted to make a distinction.

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Several years ago, I seem to recall the TSA clerks harassing and calling the cops on a woman discovered to have a lot of condoms in her carryon. She was guilty of the pre-crime of prostitution.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
I usually have a half-dozen or so condoms in my bathroom kit. I've never had TSA say a thing about them.

If you have a bottle of lube, just put that in your Freedom Baggie with your toothpaste and shampoo and other liquids.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bottle of lube--311 bag.

Little packets--while I've never tried to carry them through security I have found them completely incapable of detecting small containers of liquid (a liquid medicine that came packed in ampules) even in large quantity. After forgetting to declare them (and forgetting the pack of them I stuck in my laptop bag) a couple of times and them not noticing I quit declaring them and never once drew a bag check. That was 5ml/ampule, a total in excess of a liter when we went to visit her relatives.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
I have eyeglass wipes and sometimes single package wipes of Purel. They've never been questioned and they're not in my Freedom Baggie either. They're about the same size as a condom package, so I would think that anything else in the same size format is probably going to go through without a problem.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Old Oct 24, 2015, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by catocony
I have eyeglass wipes and sometimes single package wipes of Purel. They've never been questioned and they're not in my Freedom Baggie either. They're about the same size as a condom package, so I would think that anything else in the same size format is probably going to go through without a problem.
Yeah, it occurs to me, there's always been several of those little hand-cleaner packets in my laptop bag. They've never cared.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.