Psp Palm Springs - Hints for TSA?

Old Feb 2, 2015, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Psp Palm Springs - Hints for TSA?

I am flying out psp first time. I usually have a laptop I use a cord to leash to my larger roll on. I am a medical opt out (can't lift arms)

Am I looking at a long ordeal and should allow extra time? I usually go out sna or ont.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:08 am
Original Poster

well i didn't have an issue with the medical opt out- just sent me to the metal detector. The funny was they needed to open my bag (i had cold stuff- they always want to see it) and were confused by the security cord "leash" from my laptop to my big purple carry on. She had never seen that before.
I joked she must not have a 17" $1500.00 laptop! LOL They were very nice and did not give me grief about anything.

The tsa for checkins did cut open my little packages of flavored coffee I bought as a gift.
they were labeled and professionally manufactured (not hand done) and they cut open all 6 of them. Who wants coffee that had fingers in it? bleah
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by morigianna
The tsa for checkins did cut open my little packages of flavored coffee I bought as a gift.
they were labeled and professionally manufactured (not hand done) and they cut open all 6 of them. Who wants coffee that had fingers in it? bleah
Sounds like they were looking for drugs.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
More likely, it showed up in the x-ray as a solid approximately the same density as plastic explosive.

http://apps.tsa.dhs.gov/mytsa/cib_re...?search=freeze
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:36 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I doubt coffee showed up as plastic explosives. Now, maybe some TSA guy wasn't able to properly interpret his scan, but sheesh, an ETD vs. ruining the pax's legal checked item would be the way to go.

FWIW, I've never had a problem with coffee in my bag. Or anything else that is said to resemble explosives on xray, like peanut butter or large blocks of chocolate.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by exerda
I doubt coffee showed up as plastic explosives. Now, maybe some TSA guy wasn't able to properly interpret his scan, but sheesh, an ETD vs. ruining the pax's legal checked item would be the way to go.

FWIW, I've never had a problem with coffee in my bag. Or anything else that is said to resemble explosives on xray, like peanut butter or large blocks of chocolate.
A large number of books in a checked bag still seems to draw attention. My solution: leave the bag unsecured and put nothing but books and grotty clothing inside. No baggage handler or TSO is going to steal books and I never put anything else of value with them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.