Search

USA customs and immigration Ex DXB

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
USA customs and immigration Ex DXB

Hi all,

Im travelling J from DOH-DXB-LAX-LAS and return via SFO instead of LAX in early Jan. EK from DOH-LAX and SFO-DOH and then LAX-LAS and LAS-SFO on VX.

Question is regarding inter-lining bags and customers etc..

My guess is i'll need to collect my bags in LAX perform immigration and customs and re-checkin to LAS?

what about outward from LAS-SFO-DXB? do it all in LAS or will i need to repeat the procedure in SFO?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:33 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by kelix
My guess is i'll need to collect my bags in LAX perform immigration and customs and re-checkin to LAS?
Yes, all arriving international pax must collect their bags after immigration.
what about outward from LAS-SFO-DXB? do it all in LAS or will i need to repeat the procedure in SFO?
VX has an interline agreement with EK so my guess is that you can check your bags all the way through DXB, though I personally don't have any experience with it.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by jackiedada
Yes, all arriving international pax must collect their bags after immigration.

VX has an interline agreement with EK so my guess is that you can check your bags all the way through DXB, though I personally don't have any experience with it.
Thanks for the tip

so even though my last port is LAS ill do immigration and gave to re-check in in LAX?

any ideas how long that will take?

I assume VX uses a separate terminal to that of EK and ill need to schedule this time in.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 8:22 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
so even though my last port is LAS ill do immigration and gave to re-check in in LAX?
Every international passenger arriving in the US must clear immigration and customs at their first port of entry (U.S. Customs and Border Protection - When does a traveler clear U.S. Customs and Border Protection). When you exit the immigration and customs facility, drop your bags off at the transfer desk. Your bags should already be tagged all the way to your final destination.

any ideas how long that will take?
Anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of hours depending on your citizenship, whether you have Global Entry and how busy the Federal Inspection Services facility is at the time that your flight arrives.

I assume VX uses a separate terminal to that of EK and ill need to schedule this time in.
EK arrives at the Tom Bradley International Terminal. Virgin America operates from Terminal 3 which is immediately adjacent to TBIT. When you exit the International Terminal, turn to your left. At the most, T3 is about a five minutes walk from TBIT; do not take the shuttle, it will take considerably longer as the shuttle buses run in the opposite direction and have to go almost a complete circle around the airport from TBIT and T3.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 6:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If the OP has a single ticket/itinerary, I would expect the luggage to be tagged through to LAS but it must be claimed on the luggage belts after immigration and walked through customs. Upon exiting customs at TBIT, there might be a VX representative to collect the luggage there or the OP might have to take it himself/herself to the VX check in area in Terminal 3. My *guess* is that OP won't be able to get the VX boarding pass for LAX-LAS in DXB or at OLCI but will need to collect it either at the VX transfer desk right after customs or, more likely, in Terminal 3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.