Donuts in hand baggage

Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by SukiB
Please don't laugh, this is a serious post.

Further to my recent business trip from LHR to BRU, there is a requirement for me to bring donuts to Brussels next time. I was thinking Krispy Kreme.

Will they allow them through security or will I need to check them in? (T5)
If you come within 100ft of any law enforcement officer*, said donuts will be sniffed out and "confiscated" as "contraband" and subject to "destruction."

*Especially LEOs with a BMI> 36.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:19 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by aacharya
I do it all the time. In PDX, when I'm taking Voodoo Donuts back home, TSA even jokes that the machines "eat" the jelly-filled ones.
Originally Posted by beckoa

Is it sad I too have brought voodoo thru TSA in PDX? Or worse the TSA wanted them
TSA threatened to do an E.A.T. Inspection of my box from Voodoo.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 1:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Originally Posted by aacharya
I do it all the time. In PDX, when I'm taking Voodoo Donuts back home, TSA even jokes that the machines "eat" the jelly-filled ones.
Originally Posted by beckoa

Is it sad I too have brought voodoo thru TSA in PDX? Or worse the TSA wanted them
TSA threatened to do an E.A.T. Inspection of my box from Voodoo.
But only one
Old Dec 9, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SukiB
Please don't laugh, this is a serious post.

Further to my recent business trip from LHR to BRU, there is a requirement for me to bring donuts to Brussels next time. I was thinking Krispy Kreme.

Will they allow them through security or will I need to check them in? (T5)
Since your question is about airport security, this post is more appropriate for the Practical Security Issues forum. Good luck.

~Moderator, Information Desk
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:27 pm

have flown with donuts in carryon from the US to Israel, but none with fillings.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.