no more TSA scribble on bp?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:06 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
no more TSA scribble on bp?

I just went through TSA at JFK T8 (AA) [pre-check]. They were using a rubber stamp which had a 5 digit number in a circle--my bp now looks much neater.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:41 am

Great, now I can expect some TSA agent to rubber stamp
my phone and the electronic boarding pass.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:48 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Maybe the 5 digit code in the circle is SSI for "out of an abundance of caution? Oh, wait, that's another rubber stamp
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: Delta, United
I have always thought the scribbles were silly. Especially given that many PAX have smart phones with their boating pass on it. For fun, I have started adding my own scribbles before hand.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I bet the scribbles were not meant as a security feature, but were rather a point and call thing, to make sure that the agents were paying attention.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Palal
I bet the scribbles were not meant as a security feature, but were rather a point and call thing, to make sure that the agents were paying attention.
Exactly. No different than secure facilities where security is required to physically touch your ID card. Doesn't mean anything other than that you stopped and they had to physically assure that you had a card.

IAD has been using stamps for several years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.