Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One person at a time only?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by Feorlen
I just got a nasty look from a TSA agent when I accompanied my husband to the id check station, I was ordered to get back in the line. Since when?

I asked how this worked for families with children and was told that one parent and one child can go at a time. Well I guess it's good that parents don't travel with more than one child each, huh?
Do you and your husband share an ID? Not sure why you expected anything that what occurred.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Segments
Do you and your husband share an ID? Not sure why you expected anything that what occurred.
Because many of us have gone to the ID check together and had no problem. If anything I would prefer to accompany her as at that point I'm hauling her rollaboard, I don't want the TSA goon thinking I've got too much baggage. When we are together and they can see I'm hauling two and she's got zero it's clear what's going on.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
Because many of us have gone to the ID check together and had no problem. If anything I would prefer to accompany her as at that point I'm hauling her rollaboard, I don't want the TSA goon thinking I've got too much baggage. When we are together and they can see I'm hauling two and she's got zero it's clear what's going on.
I guess that makes sense if your wife is dependent on you to carry her bags.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess that makes sense if your wife is dependent on you to carry her bags.
She can carry them but it's hard for her.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
On the contrary, I don't see why one would NOT expect to be able to stay with one's spouse.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:00 am
Suspended

My wife and I were arriving NAS and approached separately. The agents there gave me a deeply disapproving look, then questioned me as to why we didn't stay together with some suspicion. Meh.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:00 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Where Mrs Flies and I have always gone up to the passport control booth together in the U.S. And overseas.
We usually do the same, with a few exceptions. IIRC, at BKK, the agent requested one at a time, and this past week at GVA, so did the agent there.

Uh, because they're traveling together?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.