Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visas

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Visas

My wife and I have a trip planned in August that includes 3 days in Paris, 10 days in the maldives, and a 12 hour layover in Istanbul that we have a private tour scheduled for.

My question is can we just show up to customs at all these airports and get through? Or is there something we need to do ahead of time to exit the airport?

Thanks
Old Jun 25, 2014, 7:23 am

If entering Turkey you will need a visa. E-visa will save some time: https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:21 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
You do not state your country of citizenship. You should go to the website of each of these countries embassies/consulates to determine the visa requirements for your particular situation.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:43 am

This belongs in the "practical issues" forum -- but also demonstrates why confusing people by arbitrarily separating TSS into 2 forums wasn't such a great idea in the first place.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I have done research I believe I know the answers but just trying to get confirmation.

I'm from the usa
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by jadecocoa
If entering Turkey you will need a visa. E-visa will save some time: https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/
This doesn't really answer the questions.

The answers are: Yes, you can just show up to customs [and at passport control] at all these airports [including Istanbul, Turkey] and get through.

No, there is nothing you need to do ahead of time to exit the [Istanbul] airport, absent other, extraordinary circumstances.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by GaryD
This doesn't really answer the questions.

The answers are: Yes, you can just show up to customs [and at passport control] at all these airports [including Istanbul, Turkey] and get through.

No, there is nothing you need to do ahead of time to exit the [Istanbul] airport, absent other, extraordinary circumstances.
As STBCypriot stated, no one can provide any answers to his questions unless we know the issuing country and type of passport he holds. Some passports are eligible for visa on arrival, others need a visa in advance, others need no visa, and others are not admissible under any circumstances. Maybe YOU can "just show up" but that doesn't mean the OP can.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Blogndog
As STBCypriot stated, no one can provide any answers to his questions unless we know the issuing country and type of passport he holds. Some passports are eligible for visa on arrival, others need a visa in advance, others need no visa, and others are not admissible under any circumstances. Maybe YOU can "just show up" but that doesn't mean the OP can.
OP subsequently stated he's "from the usa". My response is assuming he and his wife will have valid USA passports.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:30 am

OP subsequently stated he's "from the usa". My response is assuming he and his wife will have valid USA passports.
Missed that clarification.

Of course valid passports, but what type? USA tourist passports can get e-visa, official USA passports do not require a visa.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Blogndog
Missed that clarification.

Of course valid passports, but what type? USA tourist passports can get e-visa, official USA passports do not require a visa.
The bearer of an official USA passport probably knows how to pluralize a noun.

(either way, my answers are right, I think)
Old Jun 27, 2014, 6:32 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
The bearer of an official USA passport probably knows how to pluralize a noun.
I wouldn't bet too much money on that. As a previous holder of an official US passport, I have encountered many other official US passport holders that do not know how to properly pluralize a noun.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by STBCypriot
I wouldn't bet too much money on that. As a previous holder of an official US passport, I have encountered many other official US passport holders that do not know how to properly pluralize a noun.
+1
Old Jun 27, 2014, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by STBCypriot
Point taken. ("... properly to pluralize ..."? No longer considered an "error," but still, I had to chuckle.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.