Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

No need to collect checked luggage while transiting through IAH. [OneStop]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No need to collect checked luggage while transiting through IAH. [OneStop]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:27 am

Programs: EY Gold, GF Gold, IHG Plat, UA Gold
DOM to INTL

I'm flying on AC from YYZ to IAH. Will land at Terminal A and have 1h50 min transit to get to Air China's flight on Terminal E. From what I've read, this seems realistically doable. I've checked flight stats and the flights are farily on time. Badad case scenario, a delay is up to 34mins. My question is since AC and Air China are part of *A, does anyone have experience or knowledge if the bags will be transferred if I try to check them through when I check in? I have two separate tickets.

The alternative is to fly on an earlier flight into IAH from YYZ and add another 3 hours to my extremely long 5 flight 2-day journey.
Old May 7, 2016, 3:52 am

One Stop was closed at ORD 2 weeks ago. I was perturbed bit in all fairness, immi was quick; no scan of passport and no stamp. Just a friendly 20 se ond banter.

Last edited by flyingmango; May 7, 2016 at 3:52 am Reason: Typo
Old May 8, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Damn. Permanently closed or just closed the day you were there? Do they have OneStop now anywhere but Houston?
Old May 9, 2016, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Damn. Permanently closed or just closed the day you were there? Do they have OneStop now anywhere but Houston?
No idea if permanent; no one could tell me one way or another. It's a great idea if it would work.
Old May 9, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
What doesn't work about it? It's a delight.
Old May 9, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Staying in transit at MIA

Does anyone know why, since 9/11, MIA has never re-introduced the ability to transit international flights without entering the US?

The transit lounge which used to exist airside, and where you could wait for your next foreign flight, was turned into office space some years ago. It used to be fairly easy flying, say, LHR-MIA-GCM without oneself or checked baggage entering the US. It seems a colossal waste of time and resources to force everyone and their luggage to be screened. Surely it would also be safer if no international to international passengers ever entered the country!
Old May 12, 2016, 1:31 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
As far as I know one-stop has expanded and not closed.

Also AFAIK, in the post 11 Sept world IAH was first to get it, with ORD second. Now DFW and at least one other has it (typing fast and names escape me without caffeine)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.