Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Temper blowout at LHR T5 - screeners lying or truthful?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Temper blowout at LHR T5 - screeners lying or truthful?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2012, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by celle
So you know nothing about it.

How do you know it's the worst if you haven't experienced it? You're not qualified to judge.
Because British security is very bad and they had no aviation security experienced at all. They do not have to go to classroom. It will take approximately 40 hours training. They don't have a qualified. They never was. Security have be improved and needs more training. They didn't hassles. They have be improving the security screening and reduce wait time at checkpoint. They have to take own responsibilities, and they have find a better security. Must have a high school diploma or GED standard.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:23 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by Spiff
BFD.

(Big Furry Deal)

Stuff happens. I don't want to be "protected" from such exceedingly low-probability events by having my liberty destroyed.
How do you know what the probability would be if there were no security whatsoever?

While there probably wouldn't be too many 9/11s, I would say that the probability of random hijackings and shootings would be rather high. In the late 1960s, aircraft hijackings were an almost weekly incident, leading to the implementation of metal detectors.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 2:52 am

Current and past events. Terrorism is and will be very, very rare.

Then they should act to prevent, not harass the innocent.

The procedures used by TSA and DfT demonstrate they know little or nothing.
Between 1995 and 2004 (When the Bush administration ceased publishing the statistics) there were three thousand five hundred and six incidents Worldwide, almost one per day!
1995 440 incidents and 2004 625 incidents per year.
It was intimated that the 2004 figure was embarrassing to the government, which is why they ceased publication.

Also, it should be remembered that drugs are also a problem and it has been known for All passengers on a single flight to be searched, when intelligence has indicated drugs are on that particular flight.
So the innocent majority have to suffer for the actions of the Few.

In the 1970s I travelled to Israel a couple of times and security at Ben Gurion included being taken into a private booth and frisk searched, No problem as far as I was concerned.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 3:10 am

Programs: NZ, EK, QF, SQ.
Originally Posted by N830MH
Because British security is very bad and they had no aviation security experienced at all. They do not have to go to classroom. It will take approximately 40 hours training. They don't have a qualified. They never was. Security have be improved and needs more training. They didn't hassles. They have be improving the security screening and reduce wait time at checkpoint. They have to take own responsibilities, and they have find a better security. Must have a high school diploma or GED standard.
And you know this from where? You don't explain yourself very clearly (maybe English is not your first language?) and I am wondering if your comprehension is as bad as your expression. Did you read all this, and if so, what was your source? Because what you have said sounds like a load of BS to me.

You baldly state that British security is very bad, but you haven't experienced it and you haven't given examples. Do you mean the British procedures for screening intending aircraft passengers? Their procedure is remarkably similar to the procedures employed in the USA.

Or do you mean British Security in general, as in MI5? They've been around for quite a while and have a success rate similar to the US system.

FYI, Britain does not have a system that awards a high school diploma or a GED - the British education system is different, as is their terminology for school qualifications.

I have been through airport security procedures in many countries. Some are more thorough than others. Unlike you, I would not dream of condemning the procedures of a country when I had not even experienced them.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 6:58 am

And you know this from where? You don't explain yourself very clearly (maybe English is not your first language?) and I am wondering if your comprehension is as bad as your expression. Did you read all this, and if so, what was your source? Because what you have said sounds like a load of BS to me.

You baldly state that British security is very bad, but you haven't experienced it and you haven't given examples. Do you mean the British procedures for screening intending aircraft passengers? Their procedure is remarkably similar to the procedures employed in the USA.

Or do you mean British Security in general, as in MI5? They've been around for quite a while and have a success rate similar to the US system.

FYI, Britain does not have a system that awards a high school diploma or a GED - the British education system is different, as is their terminology for school qualifications.

I have been through airport security procedures in many countries. Some are more thorough than others. Unlike you, I would not dream of condemning the procedures of a country when I had not even experienced them.
Agreed, I suggest that he have a look at the following,,,

http://www.safe-passage.com/?product...product=1&id=4
Old Dec 8, 2012, 9:36 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by cbn42
How do you know what the probability would be if there were no security whatsoever?
I don't remember advocating for that. Where did you read it?

The airlines should be free to put the security they deem necessary in place, as long as it doesn't violate civil or human rights. The government should no say in the matter, other that to prosecute civil or human rights violations.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by GLEN36
Between 1995 and 2004 (When the Bush administration ceased publishing the statistics) there were three thousand five hundred and six incidents Worldwide, almost one per day!
1995 440 incidents and 2004 625 incidents per year.
It was intimated that the 2004 figure was embarrassing to the government, which is why they ceased publication.
Incidents of what? It's way too easy to just paint the word terrorism on a crime. Also, who cares? The planet is a big darn place.

Also, it should be remembered that drugs are also a problem and it has been known for All passengers on a single flight to be searched, when intelligence has indicated drugs are on that particular flight.
I could not possibly disagree more with such a ridiculous statement. Drugs are not a problem. Governments should not be permitted to proscribe drugs nor make drug consumption or distribution to adults within their faculties an offense of any kind. I support 100% drug legalization. Drugs have nothing to do with airline or airport security. At best, such actors are exceeding their mandate to no good purpose. At worst, they are violating people's civil liberties through criminal neglect of their responsibilities.

In the 1970s I travelled to Israel a couple of times and security at Ben Gurion included being taken into a private booth and frisk searched, No problem as far as I was concerned.
I couldn't give a rat's backside about Israel's intrusive harassment of people who go there. I won't visit Israel and their "security" harassment has no place in a free nation. If you have no problem with that kind of disgusting harassment, I suggest you move there. The US and UK and any other supposedly free society should not ever consider such idiotic procedures.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 12:59 pm

Incidents of what? It's way too easy to just paint the word terrorism on a crime. Also, who cares? The planet is a big darn place.

I could not possibly disagree more with such a ridiculous statement. Drugs are not a problem. Governments should not be permitted to proscribe drugs nor make drug consumption or distribution to adults within their faculties an offense of any kind. I support 100% drug legalization. Drugs have nothing to do with airline or airport security. At best, such actors are exceeding their mandate to no good purpose. At worst, they are violating people's civil liberties through criminal neglect of their responsibilities.

I couldn't give a rat's backside about Israel's intrusive harassment of people who go there. I won't visit Israel and their "security" harassment has no place in a free nation. If you have no problem with that kind of disgusting harassment, I suggest you move there. The US and UK and any other supposedly free society should not ever consider such idiotic procedures.
Babies were once used to smuggle drugs across borders because they were cheaper than camels, slit the throat slice open the childs body and extract the drugs. Glad I don't inhabit your world. You are entitled to your opinion, which luckily for the rest of us must be a minority view

The security procedures at Ben Gurion are certainly Not "Digusting Harassment" and have saved many lives over the years!
Old Dec 8, 2012, 1:44 pm

Another poster who condemns procedures he has not experienced!

Israel has been under constant threat ever since its establishment. They have plenty of experience with security procedures and the US and other countries could learn much from them.

Far from being "disgusting harassment", Israel's airport security procedures are polite and efficient and I would feel more secure flying on one of their aircraft than on planes from many other countries.

FYI, some of the Arab countries in the Middle East have equally stringent airport security systems and I have never felt violated by any of their personnel.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 1:54 pm

Babies were once used to smuggle drugs across borders because they were cheaper than camels, slit the throat slice open the childs body and extract the drugs. Glad I don't inhabit your world. You are entitled to your opinion, which luckily for the rest of us must be a minority view
Yeah. That's happening all the time.

Of course you completely failed to address the issue: drugs being illegal in the first place. Legal drugs = no crazy (and probably untrue) sensationalist baby stories.

The security procedures at Ben Gurion are certainly Not "Digusting Harassment" and have saved many lives over the years!
Could not. Care. Less.

It's disgusting harassment to me and I refuse to participate in it.

Another poster who condemns procedures he has not experienced!
Do I actually need to drop a bowling ball on my foot to know it's not a good idea?

Israel has been under constant threat ever since its establishment. They have plenty of experience with security procedures and the US and other countries could learn much from them.
Could not care less. In my opinion, Israel brings a lot of those problems on herself with the way some of the people in her nation are treated. Such "security" is a blatant violation of civil liberties and in some cases is just thinly-disguised racism or religious intolerance. Their "security" has no place in a free society.

Far from being "disgusting harassment", Israel's airport security procedures are polite and efficient and I would feel more secure flying on one of their aircraft than on planes from many other countries.
Good for you. Feel free to do so.

FYI, some of the Arab countries in the Middle East have equally stringent airport security systems and I have never felt violated by any of their personnel.
Funny, the few Arab/Muslim nations I've visited have never questioned me aggressively, nor required more than a few minutes to clear security.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
... You don't explain yourself very clearly (maybe English is not your first language?) and I am wondering if your comprehension is as bad as your expression. ...
This is like watching a train wreck.

Can someone please let her know before there's a problem here? (I would but I don't have all the facts so might just exacerbate things)
Old Dec 8, 2012, 2:30 pm

Babies being used is NOT a story, it was a question of economics, camels being a lot more expensive to use, as had been the case previously.

As said previously, you have your opinion..

Having spent 14 years in the Middle East Pakistan and India, I know which airports security personnel I would rather deal with!!

This thread has become tiresome, and so to bed.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 2:36 pm

Yeah. That's happening all the time.
By chance snopes has just published an item on that:

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/drugs/deadbaby.asp
Old Dec 8, 2012, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
This is like watching a train wreck.

Can someone please let her know before there's a problem here? (I would but I don't have all the facts so might just exacerbate things)
Yes, please explain. Just because the people whose posts I am discussing have a high number of posts, it does not mean that they a) Are more experienced travellers than I am b) Don't post rubbish.

N830MH's posts, in particular, seem to be ill-expressed and semi-comprehensible. Does his high post count mean he is not to be disputed?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 2:48 pm

Yes, please explain. Just because the people whose posts I am discussing have a high number of posts, it does not mean that they a) Are more experienced than I am b) Don't post rubbish.
It has nothing to do with the other guy's post count or experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.