Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry customer service number [unable to update passport information - solved]

Global Entry customer service number [unable to update passport information - solved]

Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:06 am
Original Poster

I searched the FT forums and couldn't find an answer. I'm trying to renew my Global Entry on-line, but get stuck at the passport section. I have deleted it and added it again about 10 times, but it won't let me continue past that point. I have sent an email, as instructed on the site, more than two weeks ago. No big surprise, but no reply. I have spent too much time searching for a phone number that works. One suggestion was to call the CPB office at the local airport (PHL for me), but it just goes to voicemail. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do or an actual phone number that works?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:17 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Welcome to FlyerTalk @Philly Kate!

There have been numerous glitches with the TTP website reported in the TTP - Trusted Traveler Programs Website (replaced GOES).

Some of the of the successful solutions were to clear the cache and delete the cookies and try again or using a different browser.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:02 am

phone

(877) 227-5511 is the number to call
there are prompts, select the most appropriate option

be patient, wait times can be lengthy depending when you call
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:08 am
Original Poster

I tried another browser and got all the way to final review, but it continued to tell me that there were problems with the passport. After calling 10 times, getting in the queue and on hold for 35 minutes, I finally talked to a live person who said that there is a glitch in the passport section. If you get all the way to "final review", but there are errors with the passport section, you have to go back to the beginning and cancel the application. Most of the previous information is still there, and the passport was accepted immediately. In any case, it's now in pending review status. Still waiting for my renewal approval which was submitted on April 3.

Thanks again for the suggestions and especially the phone number lhhill27. Still waiting for my renewal which was submitted on April 3.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:44 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Philly Kate
...I finally talked to a live person who said that there is a glitch in the passport section. If you get all the way to "final review", but there are errors with the passport section, you have to go back to the beginning and cancel the application. Most of the previous information is still there, and the passport was accepted immediately.
^

That is consistent with @Ordiesel's experience as reported in the thread which I linked above:
Originally Posted by Ordiesel
Just an update to my question that I had posted yesterday. I was unable to proceed past the passport information page. I even deleted and reentered my passport information several times to no avail. I just gave up and deleted my application. I then went back into the CBP website and started a new renewal application. Everything worked flawlessly this time

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.